PDA

View Full Version : even more, this time less stupid, questions

lord_jamitossi
05-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi!!!!! i'm having trouble again!!!!

1- How do you change the sprites that appear when you select a "guy" from the data screen? Right now I have a whole bunch of transparent people and it's really annoying. :banghead:

2- I'm trying to make a place where you step in front of a person and you pit warp to and identical screen and a speech comes up. i've got an insta-warp to a dungeon d-map with a guy and a string selected, but it doesn't appear when i try it!!! the room tipe is none, i don't know if that has anything to do with it... and the pit does work, i tried.

idontknow
05-10-2003, 05:12 PM
message strings & guys only appear on Dungeon & Cave Dmaps! your problem might be that you're setting the message string for an overworld screen, in which case, the message string will actually be set for the cave/item room (screen 80)

lord_jamitossi
05-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it's in a dungeon d-map. does it have to have a leven number to work?

Yoshiman
05-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah. You need a level number for the guy to talk. Set it to 10 or above.

Knil
05-11-2003, 04:13 AM
hmmm....that explains my OW guys not working correctly....

idontknow
05-11-2003, 09:01 AM
no, guys don't work on overworld dmaps at all! only cave and dungeon dmaps that have a level # greater than 0, not 10.

lord_jamitossi
05-11-2003, 02:06 PM
thanks!!!!!!! now how do i actually set a sprite to be the person talking? everyone's transparent and i can't find it in the graphics thing on teh top of the screen.

idontknow
05-11-2003, 02:09 PM
these are certain, hard-coded tiles...the tiles that the guys use must now be completely transparent tiles--start a new quest or something and notice where the old man, old lady, merchant, and fairy tiles are--perhaps write down what tile # they are and then go back into your own quest with your own graphcis or whatever, and then edit those tiles--most graphics packs however, should already have the apropriate guy tiles.

TheGeepster
05-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Was it Level 0 or Dmap 0 that was always an overworld, even when it isn't?

lord_jamitossi
05-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Was it Level 0 or Dmap 0 that was always an overworld, even when it isn't?

o_O okay i understood about one word in that. i don't speak computer design language. "that was always an overworld, even when it isn't" :confuse2:

and thanks for the tips my text comes up now. :D