PDA

View Full Version : tDT demo quest!

firebug
05-09-2003, 04:55 PM
well, i had this posted up at CZC for a bit, but dark bob decided to scrap the boards there, and i didnt get any feedback at all anyways (not enough members maybe?) anyways, here it is, i'd really like some feedback on it, anything will be greatly appreciated! a few hints: there is a bombable boulder in the first screen. you want to make sure you have at least three hearts before you go into the staircase below it because i've got all of the storyline in one room (i haven't incorporated any cutscenes yet, so it's rather dry, but hang in there! the finished product will be much more entertaining i promise!) and like Z1, there is very little hints as to where to bomb. i didnt want people searching all over the place and bombing all over the walls however, so i made the ceilingcombos of bombable walls slightly different from the rest of the ceiling tiles. it's very easy to notice once you see it! anyways, enjoy! and please.. ANY feedback! you hate it? tell me why! you love it? tell me how to make it better! thanks a lot you guys :D
the link to it's in my sig!

ms_zelda_lady
05-09-2003, 07:43 PM
:cry:
Unfortunately firebug there's a bug in your demo that makes it unplayable. After bombing the rock in the first screen and reading through all the screens there is no way to take the sword. No amount of walking over it seems to work for me and if you leave that screen, when you come back you have to see the whole story again.
I hope you fix it as I'd love to see what you've made.

ms_zelda_lady

firebug
05-10-2003, 04:11 AM
uhoh.. ill check it out. thank you ms zelda lady ;)

edit: actually, you need three hearts to get the wooden sword. did you find the heart container?

Crackers
05-11-2003, 02:50 PM
So far, I've gotten the sword and the heart container. I did NOT like the long story line. I hit the "A" key over 55 times and was just about ready to call it quits. Way too long. Got stuck in the cave but will go back and try the tower again and see if I can find those bombable tiles.

cbailey77
05-11-2003, 06:22 PM
If you are using B182, press 1 to have the sword.

Crackers
05-11-2003, 07:27 PM
I went back into the tower and could not find the key. I tried bombing the block with the black square but that didn't work so couldn't get to the room on the right in the entrance. Tried bombing the the blocked entrance at the end of the tunnel again and that didn't work. So as you can see I haven't gotten very far and am stuck already. Could I have some help please? Some hints or something? I really would like to try your quest.

firebug
05-11-2003, 07:32 PM
have you gotten the boomerang yet crackers? those blocks with the little black squares are triggered by items. im pretty sure the majority of the blocks in floor one are triggered by the boomerang. if you haven't gotten it yet, i suggest looking very carefully at the room to the left of the dodongo ;)

edit: i know, im sorry about the long storyline. i promise to shorten it up and put in entertaining cutscenes in the end product :)

Pathwalker
05-11-2003, 09:14 PM
What dodongo? From the entrance I can go north 1,left 1 and that is it. north 1 is a bribe to leave. left 1 is 2 staffos and some chocolate drops (big and little gels?), and a temp. sword stealer. there is a locked door north here also. Help please.

firebug
05-11-2003, 10:17 PM
in the room with the mysterious stranger, there are many blocks. try pushing them all from all directions ;)

ShadowTiger
05-12-2003, 08:07 AM
Yep. That was a tricky room. Since you're bound to get it anyway, it's the bottom left block. Push that right, and most of the blocks there will disappear.

This is a very tricky Demo, Firebug. Well done. Well done indeed. :thumbsup: I have a question.

How do I explode the wall crack that's to the east of the starting room in the first part of the tower? Bombs don't quite work there. Even then, how do you get the chest up there?

firebug
05-12-2003, 04:05 PM
ah-ha.. the cracks aren't bombable walls ;) that started out as a joke, but it turned out to make sense, so i left it in. crumbling walls are much easier for the hookshot to grip than a flat surface, don't you think?

edit: no hookshot? search the screen where you first found bombs. not the cave itself obviously, but the screen in which the cave is found ;)