PDA

View Full Version : Out of masks and scared of SARS?

carrot red
05-09-2003, 10:02 AM
Try a bra.
Can you imagine how many people could be saved by just one bra donated by some of the AGN female members?

Out of masks and scared of SARS? Try a bra
Thu May 8, 7:05 AM ET

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Villagers in southern Taiwan are strapping bras to their faces to guard against the deadly SARS (news - web sites) virus due to a shortage of surgical masks.

"I went to every pharmacy in the village and it's impossible to find a proper mask," a middle-aged man told cable television on Thursday, his face partially covered by a dark red cup.

"Somebody came up with this idea so I decided to give it a try," he said at a village near the southern city of Tainan.

A small bra factory is producing the make-shift masks, with workers cutting each of its colorful bras into two and sewing on extra straps to help the desperate villagers.

Face masks have disappeared from many store shelves as Taiwan's Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) infections tripled in the past two weeks to 360 cases, the third highest in the world after China and Hong Kong.

story.news.yahoo.com/news...taiwan_bra

inori
05-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Well, unless AGN has some mutant three-breasted women I don't know about, I'd say that two people could be saved per bra. ;)

VashdeStampedo!
05-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Unless they're mutant villagers with two mouths.

Beldaran
05-09-2003, 04:38 PM
I volunteer to wear carrot red's bra on my face.

Blonde799
05-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
I volunteer to wear carrot red's bra on my face.
Hell, I'll volunteer to wear her panties if it helped prevent SARS.:thumbsup: Ah, mountain rain fresh.:drool:

Anyway(:laughing:), I wonder what a lot of americans think about that. There's always that one person that'll get infected because they're thinking about how a bra pad on your face isn't cool.

carrot red
05-09-2003, 07:59 PM
...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by inori
Well, unless AGN has some mutant three-breasted women I don't know about, I'd say that two people could be saved per bra. ;)
inori, read that again:
"Can you imagine how many people could be saved by just one bra donated by some of the AGN female members?"

Meaning 1 x numbers of female members= ???
*sigh*

SiliconHero
05-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Lessee here...

carrot red...
Monica...
moocow...
TudorCat...
cyberkitten...
DarkFlameWolf...
foxygrl...
mercy...

Shoot. I've only counted 8 (though I'm sure there are more that I haven't seen around here...I'm just counting the ones I've seen most often). And 8 female members x 1 bra from each member x 2 cups in a (normal) bra = 16 people? :confuse2: That doesn't sound like a lot.

Drunken Tiger
05-09-2003, 08:13 PM
I dont think those masks actually help.. Like cant the virus still live on the mask because of all the water vapour when we breeath?? I mean im nto good at this scince stuff, but am i correct or am i just wrong?? :shrug:

Samson007
05-09-2003, 10:12 PM
You know how many people would be saved? Not that many.

Maybe it could save the remaining 2% of people who might die from it! Oooh. My parents are all fricking paranoid about SARS and nuclear winter. They are such idiots, while they are driving down the street worrying about a plane flying overhead and dropping blankets of anthrax dust on the car, they should be paying attention to the road, which sure as hell kills about 10000000 times more people than SARS does.

Fatty Lumpkin
05-10-2003, 06:49 PM
No one I know's scared of SARS. According to quite a few doctors, the masks do nothing to help prevent the spread of sars, but if wearing a mask makes someone feel less paranoid, more power to em.

Tsukuru
05-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Samson007
You know how many people would be saved? Not that many.

Maybe it could save the remaining 2% of people who might die from it! Oooh. My parents are all fricking paranoid about SARS and nuclear winter. They are such idiots, while they are driving down the street worrying about a plane flying overhead and dropping blankets of anthrax dust on the car, they should be paying attention to the road, which sure as hell kills about 10000000 times more people than SARS does.

Take a look at this:

"Could it be like the Red Scare all over again? Some people say SARS was created in a Chinese laboratory by communists. They realeased it on their own people to make us hate and fear them even more, increasing tensions and leading to another World War. Their hopes: that this time the arsenal of democracy fails."

Just another example that in times of pain mankind resorts to conspiracies of idiocy.

Master Ghaleon
05-11-2003, 05:15 AM
Im not scared of SARS. Stuff like this happens for a reason. I do hope that they find a way to kill it off. Maybe we are starting to really over populate the world? I dunno.