PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy...the RIAA is now officially shooting themselves in the fucking FOOT!

AlexMax
05-08-2003, 08:33 PM
I kid you not...they're now going after their own musicians and nailing them for copyright infrigment for 'sampling' from other songs. (Remember kids, if you're a musician, its not stealing, its SAMPLING!)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1471763/20030507/dr_dre.jhtml?headlines=true

At least the RIAA is indeed shooting themselves in the foot. As individual artists release their own CDs over the internet outside of the RIAA's jurisdition, they will soon find that they will be unable to afford their Lexus payments Good fucking riddance.

Gerudo
05-08-2003, 08:37 PM
congrats to the riaa for fucking themselves in the ass... this is just stupid... you cant "steal" a particular riff or bassline from a song... i mean unless its the WHOLE song's bassline, but like a 3 second part aint bad... is it?

stupid... just stupid...

War Lord
05-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Vanilla Ice got in trouble for the same shit way back when. Or are you all too young to remember such a thing. It's happened before, it'll happen again.
*shrugs*

Beldaran
05-08-2003, 09:02 PM
I remember the Ryan VanWinkle thing. (Vanilla Ice)

Anyway, those people are stupid, just rediculously stupid. Pretty soon I'm going to get sued for playing a G- chord because some other band used a G-chord in their song.

I say we just shoot everyone in the publishing industry.

War Lord
05-08-2003, 09:08 PM
http://www.benedict.com/audio/vanilla/vanilla.asp

There ya go.

Gerudo
05-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by War Lord
Vanilla Ice got in trouble for the same shit way back when. Or are you all too young to remember such a thing. It's happened before, it'll happen again.
*shrugs* too young but im just slightly a year older... ;p

edit: and yes i remember

Yoshiman
05-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Now what's RIAA stand for? Retards Into Alotta Ass?

Gerudo
05-08-2003, 10:15 PM
ill assume the not knowing is sarcasm... but just in case you are being serious:

Recording Industry Association of America

Goat
05-08-2003, 10:32 PM
I'm kinda half and half on the subject of internet music and such. I believe that a good artist who makes great music should get paid. I also believe that music is for enjoyment and not for profit. I just don't understand why I can listen to a song on the radio for free and I can tape it off the radio if I catch it at the right time, but I can't download it *shrugs* SOmeone inform me of theres guidelines about the radio

SiliconHero
05-09-2003, 01:03 AM
All this, and P. Diddy still has a music career? Something is indeed wrong with the world.