PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality testing on the latest beta.

DarkFlameWolf
05-08-2003, 02:47 PM
What's the ABSOLUTE latest beta? If you had a beta that's just about done, I'd like to have it. As some may know from reading in the Quest Announcement/Discussion, I'm revising and upgrading Hidden Duality to my 'Director's Cut' version of it. And it'll be made for beta 183. BUT, I'm going to test it in the latest alpha/beta that we have available in these testing grounds. One of two things will happen when I test EVERY aspect of my Hidden Duality upgrade, I'll either find a lot of alpha/beta bugs to be fixed or the alpha/beta will be so bug free that it runs my quest flawlessly. Eitherway, its a good chance to test nearly every feature of ZC since Hidden Duality uses most of them.

Dark Nation
05-08-2003, 04:15 PM
185 is the latest current one.

DarkFlameWolf
05-08-2003, 05:48 PM
okay, within a few days to a week, I'll have my new Hidden Duality tested fully using 185 and I will report ALL bugs I find and results in this topic. Is that cool?

Dark Nation
05-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Cool beans.

Jigglysaint
05-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Don't forget to give us testers a copy.

DarkFlameWolf
05-08-2003, 11:02 PM
welp, found the first bug, any beta 183 quests and below (this include 1.90 quests) will NOT run on alpha 185. So you must have changed the code make-up of the quests to disable them from working in the latest beta. So yeah....anyhoo, I saved the quest in 185 and I'm testing it as a 185 quest since I can't do it as a 183.

DarkFlameWolf
05-11-2003, 07:54 AM
Also, it seems the 'draw map' spacebar function is still buggy and likes to crash ZC. Might want to look into this.

(EDIT: Sorry about the double post)

DarkFlameWolf
05-24-2003, 10:06 PM
problem when playing my beta 183 version of Hidden Duality in beta 187 (or is it alpha 187?) When entering dungeons, you automatically get the map and compasses of that level. At first I thought I accidently checked off the map/compass boxes in the init data, but it was not so. So it leads me to believe this is a bug. All levels in Hidden Duality exhibit this bug. And furthermore, the compass doesn't flash, its as if you had already beaten the boss and got the Triforce. Might want to look into this.

DarkFlameWolf
05-24-2003, 10:20 PM
sorry for the double post, but on TOP of this, I upgade the 183 version of Hidden
Duality to 187 just to see if the problem would be resolved if the quest was the
same version as the editor/player. Not so, apparently, even without the MCK
checkboxes being UNCHECKED in the Init Data, you still automatically get the map
and compass (and I assume the boss key as well, VERY BAD!) as soon as you
enter EACH dungeon. This is.....well, least to say, VERY BAD. Please fix this!