PDA

View Full Version : Event--> Dive for Boss Key.

ShadowTiger
05-08-2003, 08:10 AM
Do you all remember in Z4 when we had a key fell into the water, and we had to dive for it? Well, Im planning something similar. Is there a way that I can have a small pool of water standard, and then when the dungeon event is triggered, a (#13, I think.) Dive for Item flag is set on the water? Is there a way that I can do this, because so far, I haven't met with much success.

Mr. Z
05-08-2003, 08:16 AM
You could place the flag #16 on the water and then give the secret combo the dive-for-item flag.
You know, by using ctrl.
(Haven't tested it but I think it works)

ShadowTiger
05-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Hm. Yes, I've tried that. Here's what I've done.

1) I place a 2x2 square of regular water.
2) I then place all the event triggers, etc.
3) I then place flag #16 (and 17. ;) ) on the water tiles where necessary, both with the Dive for Item flag as their flag. (Via the ctrl click method.)

So when the event is triggered by my kill all enemies item, (Which I set to look like a nuke. ;) :laughing: ) When I go into the water, the key isn't there. Now, am I supposed to set the room type as Special Item, and the special item is the boss key, and it's places right in the middle of those 2x2 square of water, so when the flag is triggered, Link can dive anywhere and pick up the key, ... etc.

Somehow, it doesn't work. Is there anything that I've omitted? :shrug:

Teilyr
05-08-2003, 09:43 AM
Let me see if I understand this..

You go to a screen 1 time, and there's nothing special about it. Let's call this screen A.

Then, you go to a screen where an event happens. At which point, you can go back to screen A, where you'll be able to dive in the water for a dungeon key.

Is this correct?

ShadowTiger
05-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Yes. A Boss key, specifically. You would first have to go to Room B to trigger the event, and when you go back to room A, (Hopefully, at this point, you can see the key dropping intot he water, but I don't think that will happen. :shrug: ) the water will have the key inside it.

Think it's possible?

C-Dawg
05-08-2003, 10:34 AM
Yes, of course it's possible. I'll describe the SIMPLIEST way I can think to do it.

In Room A, which I assume is on a higher floor, trigger a boss flag somehow. (Bombing the floor under the key?) Make sure that there is a series of THREE rooms in SIMPLE SEQUENCE before the room where the key drops. Like so:
{}-{}-{}

What you want to do next is set up a one-time event.

Dmap 1 - I assume the original Room B without the key, and the trigger Room A are both on Dmap 1. In the first of the three rooms link walks into, set up a boss trigger to set off pit warps in the floor that take him to a duplicate of those three rooms on Dmap 2.
Dmap 2 - Set up a side warp from the first room to take Link back to Dmap 1. Set up a boss trigger to set off pit warps in the SECOND room that will warp Link back to Dmap 1 as well. In the room where they key is supposed to be, use combo animation (using a series of 2-tile combos to get the animation to time correctly) to make the key drop into the water, and set up your dive-for-item flag. Set up the boss trigger in this room.

See what the idea is? You want to B.T. (boss trigger) on Dmap 1 to set you up for Dmap 2. But when you have the key, you want to ensure you don't see it drop anymore, so you set a second warp that'll prevent you from getting to that third room in Dmap 2 if you already have the key.

-C

Teilyr
05-08-2003, 11:02 AM
That's exactly the way I was going to put it.

Thanks for saving me the time of typing, C.

Praethus
05-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Yes, you have to set the room as Special Item and set the Special Item as the Boss Key.

idontknow
05-08-2003, 03:24 PM
-make sure the dmaps have the same level #
-make sure the boss flag is set for both rooms
-make sure there is an trigger enemy in only the room with the secret boss key
-make sure the secondary flag of the secret combo 16 is the dive for item flag.
-make sure flag 16 is placed wherever you want Link to be able to dive for the item after the event is triggered
-make srue the enemies->secrets screen flag is checked in this room