PDA

View Full Version : The AP Exam

Kirby of Doom
05-07-2003, 09:08 PM
AP exams are this week and next. I'm taking the Calculus AB exam tomorrow. For all of those who don't know the AP (Advanced Placement) tests are run by College board and conclude a year of a certain AP class. So, how many of you have taken or are going to take an AP exam?

Daarkseid
05-07-2003, 09:35 PM
I've never taken an AP class in my life. Instead, I floundered through 2 and half years of high school, earning only one credit in Algebra. Then I dropped out and got my GED.

Yoshiman
05-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Never taken an AP exam. I'm only in 8th grade. I hope there not as hard as they sound.

DarkDragon
05-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Yep, I tanked the English Lit test on Monday, which set a depressing tone for the rest of my AP lineup. Tomorrow I have Calc BC, which I'm extremely confident about; on Friday, Euro; Monday, Physics and Biology. I'm most worried about Euro out of the tests that remain - I've got the multiple choice down fine, but the essays may be a problem. I also have to cram for the Biology test, since my teacher for that class sucked: we only did one lab all year, and only completed about half of our textbook.

Overall, I'm not too optimistic about my performance on this year's batch of tests, and expect my scores to regress to the mean after last year's strong showing.

Kirby of Doom
05-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Wow, that's a lot of exams DD. I got a 2 on C++ last year, so hopefully I'll do better on this year's test.

Trunks
05-07-2003, 09:56 PM
never taken an AP class and won't get the chance to cause i am graduating in less then two weeks and i am too slow for ap any ways.

vegeta1215
05-07-2003, 11:47 PM
I took 6 AP classes inhigh school. I took AP European History in 10th grade, AP US History in 11th, and AP English, Physics, Computer Science, and Calculus in my 12 grade year.

Here's a run down on how I did (scale goes from 1-5, 5 being the best):
European History: 2 (I hate history)
US History: didn't take the exam, see European History above
English: 3
Physics: 4
Calculus BC: 4
Computer Science AB: 5 (we didn't get far enough for me to be ready for the BC exam)

I got 26 credits for college from my AP exams, and would've gotten 6 more if I had gotten a 3 on the European History test. In short, busting your ass in high school via AP classes pays off!

gdorf
05-08-2003, 12:15 AM
I took the AP Computer Science today, and I'm a sophmore so I'll have a chance to take 5 or six by the time I graduate.

Thunderbird
05-08-2003, 12:21 AM
I took 5 of em. AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English and AP Literature (those last two were done on my own, my high school didn't offer them). The scores ;).

AP Chem: 4
AP Bio: 5 (surprised the shit out of me)
AP Calc: 3 (wasn't too surprised)
AP English and AP Lit: 1 and 2 (forget which was which)

The 3 AP test with 3 or better got me 25 credits to start (the first two were 10 credits EACH, and I would have gotten 5 more if I had gotten a 5 on the Chem, but I'm happy anyway). AP Computer Science would have been a good one for me, but I never even considered it :(.

Starkist
05-08-2003, 12:30 AM
I passed the English Lit and English Comp tests back in high school. That was all that was offered... AP History would have been a breeze.

deathofspam
05-08-2003, 12:35 AM
I did:

Ap American History
Ap Computer Programming A
Ap Computer Programming AB
Ap Calculus BC
AP Statistics
Ap English Literature

inori
05-08-2003, 12:37 AM
When I was in high school, I took Calc BC and Chemistry (and got sixteen college credits out of the deal). That was the first year my school offered AP exams; in fact, there wasn't even an AP Chemistry course. I just took the exam based on my regular ol' chem class (we had a pretty good teacher).

fatcatfan
05-08-2003, 10:03 AM
The only AP exam I took was the Calculus AB exam. I think I got a 5 (which is very good). Everything else I took along these lines in high-school was "joint-enrollment". Taking college courses from the local community college and receiving high-school credit for them (you also got an automatic 5 points added onto your high-school grade, but not on the college grade). All told, my first day on campus, I already had 25 credit hours.

Kirby of Doom
05-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Just got back from the exam. The multiple choice wasn't that bad, but I think I didn't do too good on open response. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a 3 or 4. :shrug: