PDA

View Full Version : Does the Boss Key...?

Aegis Runestone
05-07-2003, 08:13 AM
Does the Boss Key show up on the 'New Subscreen' or does it show up only on 'Revision 2'? I'd like to use it for WR, but 'Revision 2' uses the spells and WR won't have those in the game.

Teilyr
05-07-2003, 12:11 PM
Only shows up on the revision 2 style.. But, there's nothing wrong with having blank spaces in your item selector. I don't use Din's Fire either, but I wouldn't give up the revision 2 subscreen for anything.. It just flat out rocks.

idontknow
05-07-2003, 05:34 PM
yeah, but if you have the boss key, you can still open boss lock blocks or boss doors regardless of whether or not you have the revision 2 subscreen-plus, i think Din's Fire is pretty cool so i don't know why one would not want to use it; i'm going to in my quest--but i do agree that whatever the case, it doesn't hurt to have empty slots in your inventory box...hmm...i wonder what these spot will be filled with in later versions...

Aegis Runestone
05-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Uh....because I'd have to make ANOTHER secret dungeon for Din's Fire and there is ALREADY 4 secret Dungeons planned in WR which contain 2 Magic Containers each as a prize.

Also Link already 'learns' a spell for WR, which is the replacement of the wand, it's a fireball ball spell. I don't need another fire spell :)

Teilyr
05-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Well, just because you use the revision 2 screen, it doesn't mean you have to use din's fire.

Did you think otherwise?

DeathLink
05-08-2003, 10:00 PM
since it's dins FIRE doesnt mean it has to be FIRE. you can have it be a nukelier(sp?) explosion if you want

Aegis Runestone
05-09-2003, 10:17 AM
To Teilyr: I dunno, I just hate spaces in the Subscreen, it looks unorganized and I REALLY want to create my own, so I get rid of that stupid Magic Key, I never use it and i can set up the subscreen to use only the items I will add to the quest. *shrugs*

Deathlink: it doesn't matter, Din's fire is not going to be in WR. :p

CJC
05-09-2003, 06:40 PM
I agree with DeathLink on this. You could always make Din's Fire into something else. To change it into a completely different thing, set it up so it looks like something else, like ice, or wind, or whatever. The only problem is, you have to change the fire sprite into something else or it will always be a ring of fire. To do that, no, nevermind. You probably know how to do that anyway.

idontknow
05-09-2003, 07:39 PM
yeah, i suggest there be a seperate Din's Fire flame for the flames that circle around link--either that, or a specific, hard-coded set of tiles that the sprite uses...although, a sprite in the weapons/misc sprite editor would be better. Also keep in mind that the boss key works with the original or revised subscreen setting, it just won't appear when you get it, thats all

Aegis Runestone
05-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Again, I must state that Din's fire is NOT going to be used in WR. :p

TheGeepster
05-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Just a note for those who wish to use a modified Din's Fire (which doesn't include Aegis in WR). Din's Fire still sets off all fire flags, and that ought to be considered when planning your quest.

The Din's Fire flag isn't fully functional in build 183 however.