PDA

View Full Version : They Might Be AWESOME!!!

Beldaran
05-07-2003, 05:31 AM
All right, so I just got back from a They Might Be Giants concert. It blew me away.

I was standing at the front, I mean THE FRONT. John Linnel was like 2 inches away from me. John Flansburg let me and my freinds touch his guitar during a song. They were so awesome. John Flansburg got spit on me when he was singing. It was great. I am so blown away.

My friend Riverman was standing right in front of me, thus being the only person in the whole club closer to them.

I salute you, They Might Be Giants. They rocked my face off!

I almost kicked my mom in the face.

Ich
05-07-2003, 09:30 AM
They were in town last summer, but I couldn't go, although I don't remember why. Just something I couldn't get out of, I suppose.

El Oso Verde
05-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Hot damn! Another TMBG fan!

I saw them here in Houston last year, god it was awesome. How long have you guys been listening to them?

skidphyzz
05-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Did they play any songs of of NO!? P.S. was it just them or was the band of Dans there?

Mr. 207
05-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
John Flansburg got spit on me when he was singing. It was great. I am so blown away.

Thats just nasty...Bad enough you got spit on, but your happy about it?

Dont get me wrong, I understand its a thrill to see a band you like. I would pay very very good money to see a band like SOAD in person, but I wouldnt want them spitting on me.

skidphyzz
05-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Thats like a Foxtrot comic, where Peter is so happy when Bruce Springstein gets sweat on him.

theplustwo
05-07-2003, 03:13 PM
*i touched his sweat i touched his sweat*

yeah, that was a good run of strips.

and yes, TMBG rocks. go to choppingblock (http://choppingblock.com/) to hear their cool 'oranges' song :P

Beldaran
05-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Oso: I have been listening to TMBG for about 5 years.

Originally posted by skidphyzz
Did they play any songs of of NO!? P.S. was it just them or was the band of Dans there?

Yes, they played a couple of song from NO! including the title track, NO!.

And yes, all the dans were there.:)

It was great!

Maverick_Zero
05-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Man, I love them, they were on Tiny Toons, and I loved the two songs they had. Then I saw the episode a couple years ago, and downloaded some of their songs. They're truly a great band, and congratz to you for getting to be in the front at a show like that.