PDA

View Full Version : tile warp troubles.. please help!

firebug
05-07-2003, 05:00 AM
ok, im making my first attempt at a town, and i'm having a hell of a time making the transition from indoor to outdoor work correctly. the damn tiles simply wont warp. i've got the indoor set to screen 11 of map 3, Dmap 5, and the outdoor set to screen 01 of map 4, dmap 6. the warptype is instawarp. i've changed the maptypes of both dmaps to everything possible, tried setting the level numbers high and low, tried changing the tiles themselves to pits, stairs, and caves. and still, link just walks on them like they do nothing. i've checked and rechecked the warp coordinates, moved the screens around on the maps, EVERYTHING, but still, the tiles won't warp. :( what the hell am i doing wrong here? i've made warps work just fine everywhere else, i don't see how i could be screwing this up so badly. please help!

Blonde799
05-07-2003, 07:09 AM
First, disable the "no walls" cheat if it's on. Second, make sure you're using the tile warp, with anything but no warp. I think having the warping combos at the N, S, W, E borders of the screen might null them, not sure though.

ShadowTiger
05-07-2003, 07:46 AM
Oh. Check the Dmap number. I had a problem very similar to yours, Firebug. I had a stairs linking floor 2/3 of my Earth Temple to floor 3/3, but it wouldn't go anywhere, despite the fact everything on the tile warp sheet was working perfectly. Apparently, I just had floor 3/3 on the same map as floor 2/3, so it wouldn't go anywhere. :shrug: So go and check if this is the case.

And if you can give us a screenshot (if that doesn't work) it will be appreciated, I'm sure.

firebug
05-07-2003, 11:49 AM
all right, i have to go to court right now, and do some other stuff, bu7t when i get back, i'll try your guys' suggestions, and if that doesn't work, i'll post up some screenshots. thanks you guys :)

edit: ok, it works now, although i still have no idea what was wrong. all i did was move one of the screens to a different map, and remove the half of the warp tile that was unwalkable. oh, and i changed the entrance tiles so they're not overlapping with the warp at all. :shrug: well, it's easier this way anyways, i've got both rooms in the same map, same Dmap, so it's a bit easier to see what i'm doing.