PDA

View Full Version : Help with floor boarders

Link879
05-06-2003, 05:02 PM
I need help with making the floor boarders.. here is what my problem looks like..

http://dragonlee282.ezhoster.com/zelda007.jpg

My question is... how do I get the black out of there so I can see the floor below?:confuse2:

tai90210
05-06-2003, 06:12 PM
With layers.To set layers go to Data-->Layers. You'll see a row of numbers that are 1 to 6. Those are the different layers. You'll want to use layer 1.
So click under the number 1 and right beside where it says map. Delete whatever numbers are there.
Type the number of any map that has empty screens. Normally I make a new map for the differnt layers.

Next click right beside the part that says Scrn. Delete any numbers you see there. Type the coordinates of an emty screen. Click the area that says Trans so that the X is gone.

Now click ok. The whole screen will go grey If you did it right. Thats not an uh oh. To fix that press page up or page down until the thing on the bottom says layers and you'll see seven boxes with X's and (If you did it corecctly) two circles. Click on the one under the 1. (The circle not the X) These are the different layers. Layer 1 is the layer that link and flying enemies can go over.

Next find a tile that is pure black. (Considering you're on CSet 3, which is the Dungeon Colour Tiles). Next use either fill ore replace to get rid of the grey.If done correctly, the grey should go away.

Next, build the floor borders. The black should be gone! When your done building the floor border, click on the Circle below the 0. Whenever your done building on a layer, always click on the Circle below the 0 so that your on Layer 0! If you don't, It can cause alot of problems!

If this doesn't help, hopefully, someone else can explain it better. Happy quest-making!

BTW, what are those little X's for when your picking the layer your going to build on?

DeathLink
05-06-2003, 08:51 PM
BTW, what are those little X's for when your picking the layer your going to build on?

the * are so you set the whole map with that layer and the same setting. the check boxes make it so you can have that layer transparent

ShadowTiger
05-07-2003, 07:51 AM
If you're really feeling daring, you can spare yourself the layer thing by using the magical "o" key in the tiles page to copy and paste (overlap, if you will.) the layered border tiles onto a copy of the sand tiles you're using. It may use up more tile space, as well as combo space, but I do that a lot, and it really saves room for a layer or two, and makes your life easier because you don't have to keep making a new layer for each room that you want to set floor borders to.

Link879
05-07-2003, 04:55 PM
Ohhh I tried the first method that was given to me by Tai, and I must have been doing something wrong somewhere since it wouldnt work. Ill try this overlap idea, see if I can at least get it to work.. thanks!