PDA

View Full Version : Hey quest makers... Want some work space?

Cronic
05-05-2003, 09:04 PM
http://www.zcnetwork.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=50

Since many of you are already members at ZCN I figured I'd bring it up here as well... Basically using ZCN's currency (A hack AGN needs imo :p )you can now purchase your very own quest developement forum ;)

Some benifits include:

Your forum can be public or private, and you may select it's moderators (If any) as you see fit.

With your forum purchase you will be alotted space on the ZCN server to store your latest beta or demo (Space cannot exceed 10MB) on top of being able to post attachments such as bug screens etc.

Originally posted by Kratheous
Not only will you be able to do the stuff above, but you will be able to change things about your forums WITHOUT asking an admin to do so... things such as changing whether it's private or public, changing the title and description, adding moderators, allowing people to see the forum (if the forum is set to private). When I can figure out how, you will be able to upload and manage files for your quest via this tool, as well. The tool itself is not complete- so you cannot modify anything as of yet, and you'll have to ask an admin to do so... but you CAN buy them, and you'll automatically be made a mod of that forum.

Not too shabby eh? We already have a couple set up, and hopefully this is a help :)

Aegis Runestone
05-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Sounds cool. But I'm not sure if I'm going back to Quest-making...

Cronic
05-05-2003, 09:12 PM
You should man :) Long time no see...

Don't you have a demo to finish?

DeathLink
05-05-2003, 09:12 PM
you dont have to use it for quests do you?

Cronic
05-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Well for these you do... Hosted forums will be availinle as well, but will come with a much heftier pricetag... The only reason we're chatging anything is to make sure the users are serious about what theyre doing... However if it is a ZC related project of any sort we can work that out I'm sure :)

Aegis Runestone
05-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Uhhh....Demo..what demo...? *looks around guiltily*

Cronic
05-05-2003, 09:17 PM
teehee there's no avoiding man youre gonna need a forum ;P

DeathLink
05-05-2003, 09:29 PM
you should make it if people dont want it anymore they can sell it off to someone else for a price that they can pick. that could be fun

Blonde799
05-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Heh. A forum auction.:laughing:

Kratheous
05-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Well, you will be able to sell it- but it's for the same price you bought it for. Just to make things fair.

Blonde799
05-05-2003, 10:36 PM
There goes my get rich quick scheme.:p

Shadowblazer
05-06-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
[url]... Basically using ZCN's currency (A hack AGN needs imo :p )you can now purchase your very own quest developement forum ;) Nah, I don't like the idea of making users "pay" to change their avatar or their custom title. :shrug:

Don't forget to mention that in order to get a custom quest forum, the user needs 1000 rupees. How many posts is that?

Cronic
05-06-2003, 01:15 AM
1000 rupees? Suprisingly not much, and there's a donation system as well so if you know someone there then it's not too bad... I will however agree that paying for each new av is a pain, but it's a hell of a lot better than having to post 1000 times IMO.

Rupees are given out like water over there... We set it to use the store to make sure we at least know the person we're hosting a bit.

Shadowblazer
05-06-2003, 01:28 AM
No I know it's not that many, something like 100, I think (assuming nobody donates any). Just best to make sure they're aware that merely signing up doesn't give them the ability to create a forum right off.

Demimore
05-06-2003, 02:42 AM
1000 is nothing! It's easy to get that. I have something like 5 posts.... But I (of some weird reason) have about 1800 rupees. (!)

And I like the idea of "buying" stuff.... It's really fun!

Kratheous
05-06-2003, 04:28 PM
I eventually will enhance Lesane's default actions to a good degree... I don't agree with most of the things (s)he put in... liking paying to change it when you already have one, or paying money to delete stuff. That'll be changed, I garuntee. Also, I may make getting rupees by posting even easier than it is now, but that depends.

Cronic
05-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Shadowblazer
No I know it's not that many, something like 100, I think (assuming nobody donates any). Just best to make sure they're aware that merely signing up doesn't give them the ability to create a forum right off.

I assumed since it was in the rules, and requirments thread it would be noticed, and I said purchased, but I can see where youre coming from ;) As an example though PrinceMSC signed up over the last 6 hours or so... has made 3 posts, and due to some slick unquestioned barganing he now has a whopping 4,800 :)