PDA

View Full Version : Pure Tileset...w/o??

Aegis Runestone
05-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Anyone got a Pure Tileset without all gosh darn spaces in the tiles and combos???

DeathLink
05-05-2003, 09:25 PM
i dont think the tileset is complete is it? if not thats prob why the spaces are there. i doubt anyone has taken the time to fix that. it would be faster to just pass up the spaces then to take the time :laughing:

Happyman
05-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Um... the spaces are for YOUR custom tiles and combos... I sure appreciate that space quite a bit...

Aegis Runestone
05-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Well I personally like all the tiles in the set and I DO NOT want to spend the time to individually copy and paste ervery single combo, JUST so I can access them.

Teilyr
05-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Just go to quest->graphics->combos, scroll down past the first set of spaces, and copy->move the combos in such a way so that there's no more spaces.

Copy->Moving is done by highlighting the combos you want to move, pressing C, scrolling up to the area you want to move them to, then pressing M.

Using this method, you can remove the spaces in less than 10 minutes.

Aegis Runestone
05-06-2003, 09:06 AM
Oooo....cool *grins*

Happyman
05-06-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Teilyr
Just go to quest->graphics->combos, scroll down past the first set of spaces, and copy->move the combos in such a way so that there's no more spaces.

Copy->Moving is done by highlighting the combos you want to move, pressing C, scrolling up to the area you want to move them to, then pressing M.

Using this method, you can remove the spaces in less than 10 minutes. Sadly, this screws up animated combos in wierd ways... I figured out the hard way. :redface: EDIT: In 182 that is.

bahamut_85
05-06-2003, 08:57 PM
It messes up the combos because the tiles that are being moved onto previously animated combos will still hold all the combo information.
EXAMPLE: So if you move a page of water tiles up to a blank page and then move the dungeon tiles up to where the water tiles were, the water tiles no longer are animated but the dungeon tiles are.

Aegis Runestone
05-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Eh...who cares about the tiles, I'm just putting the combos together

Teilyr
05-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Happyman
Sadly, this screws up animated combos in wierd ways... I figured out the hard way. :redface: EDIT: In 182 that is. It does? Odd.. It never messes up for me.

bahamut_85
05-06-2003, 11:22 PM
well by putting the combos together as mentioned above, you'll have to re-set the data for every single tile.

DeathLink
05-06-2003, 11:27 PM
i think he means the the NEXT combo features dont change w/it

Teilyr
05-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Well, I just did it, and it works fine. Try it yourself.

Open a tileset with animated water, just for an example. Pure V2 is the one I'm using here.

Go to screen 13 of map 1. I like this screen, because it's my blue palette. ;)

Go into quest->graphics->combos, and go to combo 2555 (page 9, lower right hand corner.)

Click on it, then press C on your keyboard. Then, press page down on your keyboard, and select a blank combo from the next page. I'm using 2730.

Press M on your keyboard, then press esc.

Scroll down to whichever combo you moved this water tile to, and look at it. See that it animates correctly, then tell me what the problem you guys were talking about was.

I know that if you move tiles, then the combo table gets messed up.. Moving combos doesn't have any effect, if you do it right.

Aegis Runestone
05-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I guess I'll do that. :)

Knil
05-08-2003, 04:41 PM
i tend to leave the tiles alone, because a spot that appears to be open was actually the garden lady's blank part for the tool shes using.but, i suupose that if you know the set well enough, it could be avoided.

Demimore
05-12-2003, 03:56 AM
If you wanna scroll the combo page faster, use <Shift> <PGDN/PGUP> instead of Up/down. Then the spaces won't bother you. It will scroll one screen page at a time.