PDA

View Full Version : ow

Paradox
05-05-2003, 06:44 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030505/ap_on_re_us/climber_amputation_2

OMG. O_o

mike5000
05-05-2003, 07:34 PM
OW indeed! Thats a really shitty situation.

Samson007
05-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Oh jesus thats just gross.

I wonder how long he had so saw at the bone before it finally was deep enough to snap off? :D

Gerudo
05-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Samson007
I wonder how long he had so saw at the bone before it finally was deep enough to snap off? :D oh fuck you, thanks for giving me mental images and grossing me out! :meanie:

Daarkseid
05-05-2003, 08:26 PM
I'd think having his arm pinned like that caused enough pain that being able to cut through his own arm wasn't nearly as traumatic. His bone might've been crushed to the point where cutting through it wouldn't have been necessary.

Beldaran
05-05-2003, 08:49 PM
In cases of extreme trauma, the body will often suspend it's interpretation of pain so that the person may do what is necessary to escape.

Also, it is quite possible he had lost the feeling in his arm almost entirely just from the rock crushing and ruining all his blood vessels in his arm.

Still... ow!

AtmaWeapon
05-05-2003, 11:04 PM
A combination of starvation and severe trauma probably made the cutting of the arm better than sitting there. Still a sucky situation.

tgf_guy
05-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Samson007
Oh jesus thats just gross.

I wonder how long he had so saw at the bone before it finally was deep enough to snap off? :D

He probably didn't even have to do that. Allow me to remind you: His arm is currently being crushed by a one-ton boulder. Whatever remnants of bone that would still be left would simply snap off like twigs.

However, it would appear, that, yet again, my ideas have already been stated. :(

moocow
05-06-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
A combination of starvation and severe trauma probably made the cutting of the arm better than sitting there. Still a sucky situation.

I would have cut my arm off, then ate what I could get to... :drool:

j/k

:sick:

mikeron
05-06-2003, 02:28 AM
I guess he doesn't have to worry about losing a macho scar contest anytime soon. **HARDCORE** :D

SUCCESSOR
05-06-2003, 02:31 AM
ehhh he didn't chew it off. That's barely even a story.

MANDRAG GANON
05-06-2003, 03:15 PM
I read about this in the paper, He was there for 5 days O.o? I prolly woulda cut my arm off too....but before 5 days heh....that would suck having to cutyer arm off with a pocketknife, I couldn't imagine doing that. They put the rock back and said it will probably fall again....why would they put it back if it will most likey fall again :eyebrow:

Thunderbird
05-06-2003, 03:21 PM
I saw this story on the news this morning (as well as seeing it on another BB a few days ago). Evidently, he crushed his bone first, since you can't saw through bone with a pocket knife. He'll be getting a mechanical arm soon (I think, I can't spell the word they actually used ;)).