PDA

View Full Version : Boss Music Help

tai90210
05-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Ok. I know how to make the music change with the different dmaps. But when I die It will continue in the right spot but the boss music keeps playing!

How can I change it so that the boss music will stop playing and the regular music starts after I die?

Cloral
05-05-2003, 07:46 PM
The problem is it restarts you on the boss dmap instead of the dmap for the dungeon. The problem comes out of the continue bug, and unfortunately I don't happen to remember the solution off-hand.

Blonde799
05-05-2003, 08:19 PM
There's a solution to that. Place a screen where you continue that resembles wherever you want link to start. Then, have link start between pit warps, with a insta warp to the dungeon entrance so whenever he steps forward(or backwards, whatever), he'll get warped back to the entrance, as if he never left there.

This was a PITA for people as they'll have to modify half of their dungeons to allow some space for the trick.

Verbatim
05-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Well, because the boss Dmap is on the same map as the level, the problem of Link starting out in the wrong location isn't there...he's just starting out on the wrong Dmap.

You can get Link back on the right Dmap before he goes to the next room by putting a string of pitwarps (that use regular floor graphics) across the screen (just one line all the way across, so Link has to cross it to get into the rest of the dungeon), and setting the tilewarp to take you to that same room, on the right Dmap.

There's a new game in town though...since we have timed warps now, pitwarps may not be the best solution...

If you move your boss room to another map, you can set up a fake entrance room, with a timed warp to the real entrance.

What happens when you die on a dungeon Dmap and choose "continue" is, ZC starts you at the absolute coordinates of your last entrance/exit warp, but on the Dmap and map you died on. So if your entrance is at "Map 1 Screen 72", and your boss room is on the same map, you'll start at Map 1 Screen 72, but be on your boss-room's Dmap.

We can trick it though, but putting the boss room on Map 2. Just use scrolling side-warps to get between it and the main level.

Now, if Link dies fighting the boss he'll be put not on Map 1 Screen 72, but Map 2 Screen 72. So, just copy the level entrance room from Map 1 Screen 72 to Map 2 Screen 72, and then go to Data->Screen-flags. You'll notice it says "timed warp tics" down at the bottom. Set that to 1. Now, set the side-warp to take you to your real entrance room.

The result? When Link dies in your boss room, he'll restart in the room on Map 2, Screen 72, on the boss Dmap, with the boss music playing. That room will warp him after just a fraction of a second to your real entrance room, on Map 1, Screen 72, on your main level Dmap, with your main level music playing.

The player may hear a note of the boss music before the warp happens, but it won't stand out so much as if the boss music keeps playing until they cross the line of pit-warps you set up.

Teilyr
05-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Here's another method.

1. Create a new combo(s) that use the same tiles as the floor of whatever room Link restarts in.

For example, in this room..
http://teilyr.purezc.com/stuff/zelda0062.gif
You'd make combos for the 2 tiles just above the bottom door. (made blue for this example)

2. Make these new combos pit combos.

3. Go to data->tile warp (or just press F10) and set the tilewarp for this room to this room.. Same dmap and all. So, if that screen is dmap 4, screen 32, then that's what you'd set the tilewarp for.

That's it. Using this method, when the player steps onto the pit warp, they'll be warped to that exact point. If different music is playing, like boss music, then the warp will change the music back to the music of the warped to dmap.

tai90210
05-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Thanks everyone! If it doesn't work, then I'll come back and ask. (Not that I'll need to! You Guys and/or Girls gave the best description!) Thanks Again!