PDA

View Full Version : a couple more stupid questions

lord_jamitossi
05-05-2003, 04:49 PM
okay... i've got some problems again. :(.

1- i was messing around with the layers and now my whole first through fourth dgns are now all black on the 3rd layer. is there any way of changing this all at the same time? i really don't want to have to do them all screen by sceen. ug.

2- is there a rule to make it like in the gboy games where you start at the exit of the last cave you went into? i'm trying to make a begining thing where you have to do something than it'll say "three years later" or something and you start on the overworld map.

please help me!! i'm desperate!

Questwizard88
05-05-2003, 06:05 PM
1: use a fl;oodfill on the layer screens. you messed it up and gave yourself a lot of work if you used autolayer though. righh click on a screen to select the fill type, then ctrl- click where you want to use the fill at.

2: might be possibhle with the cont. here option in the dmap editor, and a ton of dmaps of couirse. i've never tried to make that la st6yle stuff, so you might wanna ask someone else about it.

Verbatim
05-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Let's see...

1. Sounds like you used auto-layer, didn't you? It can be a pain now, fortunately, the beta reports tell us that DN has made it possible to cancel out of an auto-layer, and all layers will now be automatically be filled with clear combos to start out with, as long as you have one set up, so once we get another release it'll be much easier to work with.

2. The best way to do something like that would be checking the "continue here" Dmap checkbox on a few dungeon levels, and your overworld. That will start Link out at the last Dmap that he was on which had "continue here" checked, even after a save...but not necessarily at the point he entered at, rather, it'd be at the cordinates you give for the continue screen in the Dmap dialog.

Theoretically, it might be possible to ge it to work a bit better than that...I'm not sure how dungeon Dmaps start you out after a save, but when the player dies and chooses continue, they start out at the last entrance/exit warp they used...so if you used nothing but dungeon Dmaps, and nothing but entrance/exit warps, Link would always start out at the last place he was warped to.

I'm not sure it would be worth it though, since dungeon Dmaps wouldn't work very well for overworlds, and you have to understand some more technical details of how continuing on dungeon Dmaps works before you can use anything but entrance/exit warps without encountering bugs.

If you'd like some of the details on how continuing on dungeon Dmaps works, you can check out my post in the "boss midi" topic. If not, so long as you only use one Dmap per level (or use cave or overworld Dmaps for multi-Dmap levels) you should be just fine.

lord_jamitossi
05-06-2003, 04:37 PM
oh well, we all start somewhere!! fortunately this is only a practice quest. i'm just trying to figure stuff out before i make my good one. thanks for the hints!!!