PDA

View Full Version : Show me your performance...on Xbox

AlexMax
05-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Yep, hell HAS frozen over...

http://www.gaminghorizon.com/images/games/news/ddrxboxbox.jpg

http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media/1049920504.html

DDR for Xbox....god damnit now I'm going to have to buy an XBox...

Beldaran
05-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Even though I'm not a DDR player, I think the Xbox is the perfect console for it because, like the article said, the xbox allows you to download new songs and other bells and whistles.

Thunderbird
05-04-2003, 05:25 PM
There is no announcement on Konami's website. EBGames had an entry listed for this awhile back, but it was taken down. And this site bases it's information off of what it found on EBGames.

Download more songs? Not a chance of that. If they did this, you probably wouldn't buy any other versions of the game.

Unfortunately, Konami of America hasn’t sent out an official press release yet concerning this recent news, but we can almost guarantee to see something during E3 in May.

I like the way they phrase it. Konami hasn't yet confirmed it, yet this site is absolutely positive that they will confirm it at E3 :P.

Beldaran
05-04-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Thunderbird

Download more songs? Not a chance of that. If they did this, you probably wouldn't buy any other versions of the game.

"Xbox Live integration so gamers can download more songs, characters, dance steps."

It's actually in bold in the article. Did you read it?:)

Blonde799
05-04-2003, 07:13 PM
I think the legality was the issue TB was aiming at. If individual songs were composed, it's gonna take a while.:p

Thunderbird
05-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Beldaran: Keep in mind that this is pure speculation.

And I'm wondering exactly what mix engine that it will use if it even exists (keep in mind it hasn't been confirmed). My guess would be MAX or MAX2, but those don't support characters. Anything less than MAX doesn't support freeze arrows :P.

AlexMax
05-04-2003, 08:49 PM
I saw a screenshot of it in EBM, it looked like a brand new engine that had FMV and dancers.

At least I think it was FMV. The "Drop the Bomb" marquee was still visible in the background, and it looked like it was in the middle of the song.

Cloral
05-04-2003, 09:49 PM
If they allowed you to download more songs, I'm sure they would charge you for the privilage.

Beldaran
05-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
If they allowed you to download more songs, I'm sure they would charge you for the privilage.

As well they should.

ShyGuy0824
05-04-2003, 11:27 PM
hmmm...

Although I'm not a fan of the series, it would be interesting if the game took advantage of online capabilities and enhanced levels if more people are dancing to the theme, where when people enter and by working together or whatnot. I wouldn't know, but hey interesting for xboxers.

MottZilla
05-05-2003, 03:25 AM
Well that's what I was gonna say. Wouldn't it make sense to charge people for more songs? Just keep cranking new songs out that people will pay to download. :O

Anyway, I can't say I'm impressed. DDR is good fun and all, but I don't get the excitement.

AlexMax
05-05-2003, 03:44 PM
The excitement is only at the arcade. At home, its just a game.

ka7an4
05-05-2003, 03:57 PM
I've always wanted to play it. But the arcades here only carry the generic ones like "Dance To The Max!" or something equally corny. -_-;

Kirbypuff
05-09-2003, 03:34 PM
I only played the arcade one, and I am better at the game than I am at dancing in real life by far.