PDA

View Full Version : Wall Passage...

Zeldageek
05-04-2003, 09:12 AM
In my dungeon, some passages won't let me through unless I type in the Level 4 Cheat, and activate the walk through walls cheat. :banghead: What should I do?

idontknow
05-04-2003, 10:44 AM
First all, do mean having a door combo in the center of the wall or do you simply mean a door you put in yourself elsewhere? if the second one, then you need to check the 'freeform dungeon' quest rule; this is a bit complicated to explain but i'll try my best-see, there's an invisible border around all screens in a dungeon dmap that puts a perimeter 1 tile thick above Link and it forces him to walk two spcaces out & it also prevents Link from moving in this area, whether the spaces are unwalkable or not; the only places Link can walk are any of the 4 spaces set by the door combo; however, if you check the quest rule "Freeform Dungeons" then in all your dungeons, the invisible border will 'disappear' Link will move freely in any area that the border had covered, alowing him to move through offcenter passages along the side-the border is actually still there in a certain sense because Link will still move beyond it upon enter a new room and also, enemies will not move/attack in the inisible border area.

Zeldageek
05-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Umm... I'm using version 1.90 of zquest and zelda.

idontknow
05-04-2003, 01:34 PM
oh...then there is no way of having passages on the edges somewhere other than the middle-what i said before about the invisible border applies, so it prevents Link from passing between screens anywhere except for the middle via the door combos so you must use the door combos (by going to Tools, Doors) in order to have passages; in zelda 1.92 beta 163 and above there's the option to have freeform dungeons so i suggest downloading that version if you want the passages like you said; otherwise, sorry, 'no can do'

Zeldageek
05-04-2003, 10:16 PM
Yep, but on 1.92, it runs slower!!!!

Verbatim
05-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Actually, just to be a little more accurate...you can put doors anywhere you want on the left and right, because the border applies only to the top wall.

I used some fancy tricks with multiple doors on the left and right walls and invisible stair-warps in 1.90 that'd still impress people today (I never released a quest using them, because b152 became available before I'd done much with it, and pit-warps give so many more possibilities).

Technically, you could also put a door anywhere you want on the bottom...but because of the border on the top, that's not really practical, except for an exit from your level, if you want your exit off-center.

Of course, there is one other possibility--if you want to have "doors" that aren't at the center on the top and bottom, you can use a cave Dmap--but Link will walk on top of the edges of the screen, rather than going under them, like he does on a dungeon Dmap, so you can't use standard dungeon tiles.

Zeldageek
05-05-2003, 05:48 PM
Yay. I'm switching to b156... :D