PDA

View Full Version : The Peace Formula

Moti
05-03-2003, 08:10 PM
THE PEACE FORMULA

The great mistake of modern civilization is to encroach upon others' property as though it were one's own and thereby create an unnecessary disturbance of the laws of nature. These laws are very strong. No living entity can violate them. Only one who is Krsna conscious can easily overcome the stringent laws of nature and thus become happy and peaceful in the world.
As a state is protected by the department of law and order, so the state of the universe, of which this earth is only an insignificant fragment, is protected by the laws of nature. This material nature is one of the different potencies of God, who is the ultimate proprietor of everything that be. This earth is, therefore, the property of God, but we, the living entities, especially the so-called civilized human beings, are claiming God's property as our own under both an individual and collective false conception. If you want peace, you have to remove this false conception from your mind and from the world. This false claim of proprietorship by the human race on earth is partly or wholly the cause of all disturbances of peace on earth.
Foolish so-called civilized men are claiming proprietary rights on the property of God because they have now become godless. You cannot be happy and peaceful in a godless society. In the Bhagavad-gita Lord Krsna says that He is the factual enjoyer of all activities of the living entities, that He is the Supreme Lord of all universes, and that He is the well-wishing friend of all beings. When the people of the world know this as the formula for peace, it is then and there that peace will prevail.
Therefore, if you want peace at all, you will have to change your consciousness into Krsna consciousness, both individually and collectively, by the simple process of chanting the holy name of God. This is the standard and recognized process for achieving peace in the world. We therefore recommend that everyone become Krsna conscious by chanting Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare. Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
This is practical, simple, and sublime. Five hundred years ago this formula was introduced in India by Lord Sri Caitanya, and now it is available throughout the world. Take to this simple process of chanting as above mentioned, realize your factual position by reading the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, and reestablish your lost relationship with Krsna, God. Peace and prosperity will be the immediate worldwide result.

By His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

THE HARE KRISHNA SAINT TORTURED AND POISONED TO DEATH BY HIS JUDAS DISCIPLES
(Leaders of a Sinister Movement)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/prabhupada/sp_poisoned/sp_poisoned.htm or http://www.prabhupada.org.uk/sp_poisoned/sp_poisoned.htm

Web Sites:

PRABHUPADA Your ever well wisher www.prabhupada.org.uk or http://members.lycos.co.uk/prabhupada/

KRISHNA BHAKTIVEDANTA
WHOLLY COW PROTECTION SOCIETY http://members.lycos.co.uk/prabhupada108/

Ich
05-03-2003, 08:54 PM
All that "No Possessions" sounds too much like Communism for a Capitalist like me. I'm not saying Capitalism is perfect, but it works better than Communism does in an imperfect society. I have come to the conclusion that just about any system works in an ideal society, so I'm not sure how great Communism is.

As for that Hare Krishna crap, I'll stick with Jesus Christ.

Starkist
05-03-2003, 08:58 PM
The early church, after the death and resurection of Jesus Christ, they shared all their possessions and gave to people that needed. Unfortunately, power corrupts. As people gained power within the church they used it to their own ends, so that today many aspects of the church are as greedy as any other group on earth. I see Hare Krishna as the right idea, but looking in the wrong place. Peace cannot come from within ourselves, as we are a fallen race. Peace comes with submission to the will of Almighty God.

Maverik X
05-03-2003, 09:04 PM
...who does not exist. It is merely the faith in the non-existant being that keeps people going.

Anyway, you're right. Communism, while a good idea, does not work in an imperfect world

Ich
05-03-2003, 09:16 PM
You have your beliefs, I have mine. Offer proof for statements that aren't incontrovertible, or put "I think" somewhere therein.

Moti
05-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Religion means the law of God.

Prabhupada: Yes, if there is no right information, it is something like that. (break) We should try to understand what is religion. Religion means the law of God. Just like law means the rulings given by the state, that is law, similarly, religion means the rulings given by God. But if one does not know what is God, then how he can accept what is His ruling? Therefore anyone who has got very scanty knowledge of God, that kind of religion is also scanty. That is the definition in the Vedic litera... Dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam: "Dharma, or religion, means the codes or the law given by God." And the Bhagavad-gita, the same ruling is given, law, sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja: "You give up all types of man-made religion; you simply surrender unto Me." Therefore the conclusion is religion means to surrender to God. So one who is fully surrendered to God, he is religionist

So people are manufacturing, in the name of so-called religion, "This is our religion. This is..." "This is Hindu religion." "This is Muslim religion." "This is Christian religion." Or "This is Buddha religion." And "This is Sikh religion." "This is that religion, that religion..." They have manufactured so many religions, so many religions. But real religion is dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam. Religion means the codes and the laws given by the Lord, given by God. That is religion. Simple definition of religion is: dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam. Just like law is given by the state, by the government. You cannot manufacture law. I have repeatedly said. Law is made by the government. Similarly, religion is made by God. If you accept God's religion, then that is religion. And what is God's religion? (aside:) If you stand, you come stand here. Other people are seeing. God's religion is... You'll find in the Bhagavad-gita, sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja. This is God's religion. "You give up all these nonsense religions. You become a devotee, a surrendered soul unto Me." That is religion.
One who does not know what is God, one who does not know how to surrender to Him, he's not religious. Any religion without the conception of God, without knowledge of God, without knowing the surrendering process, that is called, described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam as "cheating religion." Dharmah projjhita-kaitavah atra. The so-called religious system, which is cheating only, that kind of religion is completely thrown away, kicked out. Because religion means to develop your dormant love for God, or to execute the laws of God. That is... The laws of God is, (as) Krsna says, sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja. And how to achieve that? That also Krsna says: man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru. Four principles only. "Always think of Me." Hare Krsna. If you chant Hare Krsna, then you're remembering Krsna. Man-manah. Hare Krsna Hare Krsna... This is the religion; at least, of this age.

harer nama harer nama
harer namaiva kevalam
kalau nasty eva nasty eva
nasty eva gatir anyatha

There is no other way. You chant. Then any, any scripture you will find. Sabdad anavrtti. In the Vedanta-sutra. Sabdat, simply by chanting, vibrating, you become liberated. In the Srimad-Bhagavatam: kirtanad eva krsnasya mukta-sangah param vrajet. Kaler dosa-nidhe rajann asti hy eko mahan gunah. Sukadeva Gosvami said, "Maharaja Pariksit, this age of Kali is full of faulty things. It is an ocean of faulty things. But there is one profit, benefit. What is that?" Kirtanad eva krsnasya mukta-sangah param vrajet. "If you chant the holy name of Krsna, then you become liberated, and you are promoted to the spiritual world."

Moti
05-03-2003, 09:27 PM
According to Judeo-Christian scriptures, it is clearly said, "Thou shalt not kill." Nonetheless, giving all kinds of excuses, even the heads of religions indulge in killing animals while trying to pass as saintly persons. This mockery and hypocrisy in human society bring about unlimited calamities; therefore occasionally there are great wars. Masses of such people go out onto battlefields and kill themselves. Presently they have discovered the atomic bomb, which is simply awaiting wholesale destruction. If people want to be saved from the killing business life after life, they must take to Krsna consciousness and cease sinful activity

Gerudo
05-03-2003, 11:07 PM
Moti: while you are allowed to say what is on your mind, please be sure when adding / editting your post, to please use the EDIT button (you cant miss it, it says EDIT)

TheGeepster
05-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Interesting... So I take it you place your faith in Krishna and the systme of religion based on him, Moti. A great deal of what you say I can agree with as a general principle. Everything was made by God and therefore belongs to him, and he has set laws in place. OUr attempts to understand those laws are what we refer to as religion, and inasmuch as we accurately state the truth of the Law of God, the religion is a correct one.

However, it is my firm belief that this hidden knowledge and wisdom, what you refer to as Krishna consciousness, is not as hidden as you make it sound. It was hinted at in the Hebrew scriptures, given primarily to the people of Israel. These scriptures pointed the way to fulfillment of the Law and its accessibililty to Gentile people as well as Jewish. The Law was ultimately fulfilled in a being by the name of Yeshu, Jesus by our tongue, who was called the Christ. It is he who reveals the path to God, because his sacrifice and subsequent resurrection was the path to God. "I am the way, the truth, and the life. None come to the Father but by me."