PDA

View Full Version : I hate computers

Bloodstar64
05-03-2003, 02:29 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71225

I still can't get this game to work. I tired reinstalling and updating the video but all I manage to do was cause Counterstrike and a few others to pop up with "PC DISPLY SETUP NOT CORRECT" error. Anyone know how to fix this? (I've gotten the PC DISPLY SETUP NOT CORRECT error a few times before when I shut down and try to play some dos programs like ZC.)

EDIT: My video card is an 8mb ATI Rage pro turbo

Master Ghaleon
05-03-2003, 02:34 PM
I used to have some problems with installing games, but my computer at the time was kinda outdated
Maybe its time for a new computer?:shrug:

Bloodstar64
05-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
I used to have some problems with installing games, but my computer at the time was kinda outdated
Maybe its time for a new computer?:shrug:

That's true. Just one problem. Don't got enough dough for a new one :(

AtmaWeapon
05-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Sounds to me that since it's a directX problem and your video card is what it is, your card does not support directX 8 at all. Time for a new one or time to stop trying to play games.

Bloodstar64
05-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
Sounds to me that since it's a directX problem and your video card is what it is, your card does not support directX 8 at all. Time for a new one or time to stop trying to play games.

ATI's website told me that it did sppourt dx8 and Unreal Tournament runs great with the updated drivers. (Before it was messed up in colors and had a shadow in wrong places) I'm gonna try and reinstall Red faction right now. It would not detect dx8 before for some odd reason

EDIT: Thats... odd. Everything work fine now (Cept for Red faction which wont dectet dx8) Counterstrike doesnt pop up with that error anyome. :odd: