PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Web Translation

sagelink
05-02-2003, 05:57 PM
I can read a little bit of japanese, but unfortunately not enough to read a jap site. I was wondering if any of you guys know of an online translator for Japanese-->English translation. Thanks.

stormwatcheagle
05-02-2003, 06:01 PM
i could give you one, but there are no good japanese to english translators. If you try to translate it, you will get a bunch of english words in a jumble. You're best bet is to bribe inori to translate for you.

sagelink
05-02-2003, 06:03 PM
I really dont care about how jumbled they are.... I just want to be able to understand it enough to make my way through to a certain section of the site.

Gerudo
05-02-2003, 07:08 PM
about the only FREE thing you will find is either inori or babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com)...

babelfish may get bashed alot but hey, it does what it is designed to do... :shrug:

MANDRAG GANON
05-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Uh theres one at Altavista.com and theres also one at dictionary.com but I dunno if that translates sites

Jedi{M}aster
05-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Have you seen the iterative bablefish that does the repeated translation back to english. It is good for a few laughs. Or am I smoking crack now.

Jawa Podracer
05-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Babelfish is sort of good for getting the "skeleton" of a topic. Basiacally, a watered-down version of the real thing. Don't forget it's in Engrish.