PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions about multi-tiered secrets

idontknow
05-02-2003, 10:07 AM
ok...if you have more than 1 tier of secrets, and then check the enemies->secrets screen flag, then will the secrets on all tiers activate all at once, or just the first tier? it appears to be this way but i'm not quite sure. same thing with the trigger perm/trigger temp combos, will they activate all secrets on that screen at once or just one tier of secrets after being stepped on once?...plus, i have a suggestion--lets say you have enemy 1 be a red darknut and then place secret flag 16 and make secret combo 16's secondary flag an 'enemy 1' placement flag, then theoretically, when the secrets are activated, the red darknut should appear over secret flag 16 when activated-thus having a sort of 'secrets->enemies' system...this should work since the enemy placement flag does not appear until the secrets are activated and is not placed directly on the screen; instead, however, the red darknut simply appears at random upon first entering the screen...i think there should be some sort of way of fixing this--like having the program check to see that if an enemy placement flag is placed as a secondary flag of secret combo, then the corresponding enemy will be placed there when the secret is activated...

Knil
05-02-2003, 10:16 AM
With all the bugs you can come accross with this program (with me they are all user bugs....:banghead: ) itd be nice to keep a can o' raid available...
Ahh!!! big bug!! big bug!! :whap:

Blonde799
05-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Only the primary secrets are activated when all enemies die with the enemies->secret SF checked. As for your suggestion, I think it should stay as is. If you want multiple enemy hordes, use the multi screen trick.;) Also, it'd be complicated, as in some cases the enemy list can be altered somewhat(I think that kind of bug's been fixed though, not sure).

Verbatim
05-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Well...I'd say the Darknut's appearing randomly is not really a bug--all enemies appear when you enter the screen, if there's a placement flag for them they use it, if there isn't, they appear randomly. That's how it worked when enemy placement flags were added, and it hasn't changed.

It would be a nice feature to be able to make enemies appear after a secret...but it'd also be pretty hard to code, and pretty well hidden...perhaps together with a screen-flag "only placed enemies appear", which would tell ZC to not make any enemies appear unless their enemy placement flags were present, and to check whether enemies should be spawned each time a secret is activated.

I'd say other post-secret checks should be added first, though, such as damage, pit-warps, and statue-fire-shooters.

Blonde799
05-02-2003, 12:30 PM
I know about the random appearance, I'm talking about different enemies in different slots(you'd know what I'm talking about if you looked at any enemy placement bugs in the bug center). I don't think the creator would want a weak enemy to appear instead of a boss after an enemy prelude.