PDA

View Full Version : DC/TSA Alert!

ShyGuy0824
05-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Silicon Knights (Responsible for Eternal Darkness very cool game) is apparently remaking MGS 1 under the auspice MGS: Twin Snakes. My guess is that they'll be adding something other than the updated graphics, however the game is being supervised by Kojima and has apparently been worked on for a while. Very interesting indeed...

EDIT- Ahahahahaha, yes I'm stupid.

Polymorphic OOP
05-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ShyGuy0824
Silicon Knights (Responsible for Eternal Darkness and Jet Force Gemini, very cool games)

Rare ltd developed Jet Force Gemini, not Silicon Knigts...

Rijuhn
05-01-2003, 10:23 PM
HOLY SHIT! DUDE, OMG WTF! YOu've gotta be kidding me!

AlexMax
05-01-2003, 10:47 PM

KICK FUCKING ASS!!!!

Oh yeah, next time provide a link please...

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metalgearworkingtitle/news_6026058.html

Here.

Fiyerstorm
05-02-2003, 10:21 AM
*squeal*

You forgot to say that Kojima is working with Miyamoto on this one...sweet arse.

Ian
05-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Konami has announced that the official title for the GameCube Metal Gear game is Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and that it's currently in development at Silicon Knights, the development team behind Eternal Darkness. The game will feature revamped Metal Gear Solid 2 quality graphics and gameplay mechanics, but it will contain the original Metal Gear Solid storyline. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is being developed under the supervision of Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto.

“I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for Nintendo GameCube,” says Hideo Kojima, vice president, Konami Computer Entertainment Japan, Inc.

“Mr. Kojima and I have spoken about this project for some time, and I’m excited our ideas have matched so perfectly,” adds Shigeru Miyamoto, senior managing director of Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd. “It’s this shared passion for game creation that has allowed us to collaborate to bring a special Metal Gear project exclusively for Nintendo GameCube.”

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is scheduled for release later this year in North America, but it will be on display at E3.

I wish I were going to E3 :( It sounds pretty awsome though!

DarkPanther
05-02-2003, 03:13 PM
(*@#&$&(*#....

...there goes $300 of mine toward a GC and accessories. I've been trying to avoid it.

Jawa Podracer
05-02-2003, 03:16 PM
Why avoid GameCube?

Oh, and I, sadly, never got to play the original MGS, so this is good for me.

Maverick_Zero
05-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Whoa, this is fuckin great, MGS rocked, I just hope they make some of the fights harder, like, both Raven fights, and the fight with Psycho Mantis.

Daarkseid
05-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Jawa Podracer
Why avoid GameCube?

Because its ultimately cheaper to just stick to one console at a time. He already has a PS2(I believe), now that "killer app" he can't be without is finally coming out for the GC, and now hes compelled to spend as much as 300 dollars just to play one game.

I wasn't planning on getting a GC either until I learned the RE series was being made exclusive to it...

Jawa Podracer
05-02-2003, 10:11 PM
How does he pay $300 for a system? If he lives out of the US, I understand then. But, from his location, it says Florida. GameCube is $150, plus either Zelda, Metroid Prime, StarFox Adventures, or Mario Party 4 FOR FREE with the purchase of the GameCube. Then, $20 for a memory card. Then $50 for MGS. That's $220.

Now that I think about it, that is a lot for one game. I feel sorry for him.

Daarkseid
05-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Yeah, the normal protocol in my mind for when buying a new system, is to wait until theres a game thats worth paying 200 to 350 dollars for. Thats how it should be thought of when considering a new console purchase.

Grasshopper
05-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Jawa Podracer
How does he pay $300 for a system? If he lives out of the US, I understand then. But, from his location, it says Florida. GameCube is $150, plus either Zelda, Metroid Prime, StarFox Adventures, or Mario Party 4 FOR FREE with the purchase of the GameCube. Then, $20 for a memory card. Then $50 for MGS. That's $220.

Now that I think about it, that is a lot for one game. I feel sorry for him.

That promotional thing only runs up until yesterday... So I don't think you can get any of those games for free now.

Jawa Podracer
05-03-2003, 07:15 PM
I thought they were still doing it. They announced in May they were removing RE 0 and putting in Zelda as a promotional game. I must of heard wrong.

Grasshopper
05-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Hmm, I wondered why you had Zelda listed instead of RE0. :shrug: I don't know. I haven't heard any news of new promotions.