PDA

View Full Version : Usage of Triggers?

Dart Zaidyer
05-01-2003, 11:50 AM
I want to make it so that when the Boss is killed in a dungeon, it triggers certain Secrets on the DMAP. I've tried it with Boss Room flags and Trigger enemies that would activate an Enemies->Secret screen flag, but nothing happens.

Praethus
05-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Are the Boss and the trigger on DMaps with the same Level number?

Dart Zaidyer
05-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Yep.

Blonde799
05-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Ok. Make sure both rooms have the enemies->secret screen flag and dungeon boss flag checked. Then, make sure there are no enemies in the trigger enemy room(that's where the secret's at).

Verbatim
05-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Also...probalbly not the problem, but I'm pretty sure boss flags don't work for level number zero, so make sure your dmap's level number is 1 or higher.

At one point there were a lot of bugs associated with high-number levels (I think it was level #s 32 and higher), so if it's above 31, you might want to try a level # between 1 and 31, just to make sure that old bug is dead, and not causing this problem.

Dart Zaidyer
05-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Ok:

-The room is Boss Flagged.
-The boss is a 2-headed Gleeok.
-The DMAP level number is "1".
-The triggers don't die when the Gleeok is killed. Not even in the Gleeok's room.

Blonde799
05-03-2003, 12:14 AM
No trigger enemies in the gleeok room. They count as enemies to be killed for secrets, that's why they're used in empty rooms.

TheGeepster
05-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Both are presumably set up as boss rooms I presume?

How odd.

Anyways, I thought it was possible to include other enemies in the boss room where the secret is triggered, so long as the first listed enemy is the trigger (And there are no supernuts due to a glitch). Because if you had it set up with say

Trigger, Lynel, Wizzrobe (or something similar),

the only way to kill the trigger is to activate the boss defeated flag in the actual boss room.

C-Dawg
05-03-2003, 01:28 PM
No, what he's saying is that if you include a trigger enemy in the room with the boss Link is supposed to slay, the flag will never be set because all the enemies in that boss room will never be killed. The trigger enemy can't be destroyed.

Anyway, there is one other caveat. Secret Flags still never trigger on the FIRST screen of any given Dmap. This might be causing problems if you're sidewarping between dmaps.

-C

Dart Zaidyer
05-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Well I've solved my problem. Oddly enough, the Triggers only die if the Boss Room itself has a secret to be revealed by killing the boss.

C-Dawg
05-04-2003, 02:02 PM
No. There need not be an Enemies-Secret flag set in the boss room. Something else was wrong.

-C

Verbatim
05-05-2003, 11:54 AM
It was because you had a trigger enemy in the room where you kill the boss...you only put trigger enemies in rooms where you don't want the boss flag activated when the player kills the enemies that are there. Its sole purpose is to be an un-killable enemy, so don't put it in a room that you want killing the enemies in to do something.

If you haven't taken the trigger enemy out of the boss room, and the trigger enemy isn't in the first slot, it's possible the bug is still there, and you activated the secret by killing the boss twice...