PDA

View Full Version : Changed Dungon Colors.. huh?

Link879
04-30-2003, 10:22 PM
As I was testing out my first dungeon in my first quest... I noticed something wired.. the colors changed around. In the Zquest editor.. I had the dungeon colors like a tan-ish.. but as I tested it, the sceme switched over to the blue... I would like to show you what I mean, but for some reason when I try to take a screenshot while in the game, it shows up black.. anyone have ideas as to whats wrong?

Happyman
04-30-2003, 10:24 PM
Do you have the DMap palette correct?

Link879
04-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Beats me... this is probably gonna be a stupid question.. but how would I check to see if I do?

plith
04-30-2003, 10:54 PM
*sigh*

The idea of DMaps, I suppose, really is confusing. I'll try to make it understandable:

There is a distinct difference between maps and DMaps. The first contains screen-by-screen information. The other contains the more global information. A DMap is what Link is walking around in; the map is just the screen information used for the DMap's background, however much that helps you.

Thus, part of the DMap information is also the palette (labelled as Color in the DMap window, which you can find through Quest->DMaps). You look at a screen in ZQuest, but that screen does not actually have an associated variable for the palette used in ZC. If you hit F4 on the dungeon screen, you should see the palette number that you want for the dungeon's DMap.

And to take screenshots in ZC, you hit F12. It is then saved as zeldaXXX.bmp in your ZC folder (where XXX is the number given to the file, of course).

Link879
05-01-2003, 04:33 PM
thanks alot for the help. I do understand what you are saying and I will put what you said to use..

Dr. Mutagen
05-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Hopefully I read that correctly, because I have a related problem. I'm still working on level 7 of Contest of Courage (Haven't worked on it in over a month. Sorry.) and for some odd reason, some of the custom colors I inserted into Cset 0 have turned black. Is it a bug or is it something I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: This is only the case for one Dmap (or map), not the whole quest. The colors work fine on all the other Dmaps.

Blonde799
05-02-2003, 12:34 PM
You mean that the colors turned black when you played in ZC? Cset 0 in a level palette isn't used for anything but darkness transitions.

Verbatim
05-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Cset 0 isn't in level palettes at all...it's only in the main palette. Which means it can't be level dependant, or Dmap dependant. So either you're not really using Cset 0, or it's not really any different on that Dmap, what you're doing is.

The level colors (Csets 2-4, and Cset 9) do change, and if you haven't set up the level palette you're trying to use, all the tiles on the Dmap will likely appear black. Either change the "Level Palette" setting for that Dmap to something that does have colors defined for it, or edit the Level Palette you chose in the Dmap editor to have the colors you want.

Cset 0 is usually used for subscreen colors, and things like that...if you're using it for tiles, that's already messed-up, IMO.

Blonde799
05-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Verbatim
Cset 0 isn't in level palettes at all...it's only in the main palette.
Only if you don't count the Cset 0 that is in the level palettes.:p

Cloral
05-03-2003, 04:02 AM
You probably have the palette cycleing running without realizing it. Go under the palette options and make sure all the cycling numbers are turned off.