PDA

View Full Version : lemme get this straight...

Knil
04-30-2003, 04:32 PM
to grab tiles, i can use a game screenshot in bmp form, and just uplaod it to zquest? how to do this? im wondering because then i may make a (almost) complete Castlevania III and II tileset. and how do you keep the colors the same?

does that also mean i can scan my own drawings and use them as bckgrnds for overworlds?

firebug
05-07-2003, 05:13 PM
upload into Zquest by clicking the 'grab' button while a blank tile is selected, and then browse until you find the .bmp file you're looking for. you can't keep the colors the same, you'll have to either edit the pallettes yourself (which can be confusing and a pain in the ass) or deal with pre-existing pallettes, recoloring the tiles yourself so they look acceptable. a castlevania tileset would be kewl.. there's not enough sidescroller-type zquest projects out there, IMO. and yes, you can make tiles out of your own scanned drawings ;)

Knil
05-08-2003, 12:41 PM
oooh, the thot plickens....lol...i hate messing with palletes, but, fortunatley, i checked resources and i have alphadawgs tutorial completly printed out, but as of now, its just a big mess of papers on me desk.....i may just print it of again, all 150 pages worth.....(round about) thnx, firebug!