PDA

View Full Version : Le'chayim!

Starkist
04-30-2003, 03:06 AM
Isn't life good? I mean, even if you think things are going bad you can still point to things that make you happy. A beautiful blue sky, gentle breeze, and the sunlight on your face.... or the glow of your computer screen in a dark corner of your house, if that's what floats your boat.

I have clean country air to breathe as I walk in the world, I have my basic needs taken care of, I have friends who encourage me, and I have a God who loves me. "Rejoice, and again I say rejoice."

You can try and burst my bubble if you want, but all it will do is make you depressed and frustrated and I'll still be happy. :)

Le'chayim! To life!

Come on, in what ways are you blessed, what are you thankful for?

KingArthur
04-30-2003, 04:08 AM
Screw you, you stupid happy #$% ;)

ShadowTiger
04-30-2003, 08:09 AM
I'm glad you know the word. ;) I personally couldn't have placed it any better, Starkist. Well said. Very well said, indeed. :) Happy to know that there are others of my kind out there.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to watch the grass grow. :drool:

Jigglysaint
04-30-2003, 10:39 AM
Well I'm glad I have friends and people who care about me, and that I have a loving God who takes interest in my daily life.

I could go on but let's just say that I am feeling a bit more grateful for things that I used to.

J.J. Maxx
04-30-2003, 10:56 AM
I'm happy I'm alive. 'Nuff said. As long as the good lord is letting me walk this earth things are good. :thumbsup:

Dr. Mutagen
04-30-2003, 11:53 AM
I agree with you 110%. Considering I live in a small, peaceful town, have a nice family life, and have a lot of friends, I've got a lot to be thankful for in life.

Beldaran
04-30-2003, 11:59 AM
I'm happy because I bought a new computer desk and a new chair. Yay!

But that's a small reason to be happy. I have many personal and much more important reasons for being happy. I share your sentiment, Starkist.:)

theplustwo
05-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, it takes a wedding to make us say, let's live another day, Drink Le'chayim! To life!

Actually, Fiddler on the roof is one of my favorite Musicals (yes I like musicals, although I know they 'arent cool') well, yeah, I'm happy to be alive, and to talk to great people here and in real life too. I think I'm alot happier right now that I would have been without this thread, thanks for the reminder, Starkist ;)

Foxy
05-01-2003, 11:33 AM
I'm thankful for my loving husband/best friend, and my handsome little boy. They're the best things that have ever happened to me. I'm also thankful for my true friends that have proven their worth over and over. And for God, who continually gives me strength.

And for tulips and roses. Nothing like a sweet-smelling flower to brighten your day. :D

/me is thankful for many, many things

moocow
05-01-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm thankful for my awesome friends (online and real-life), I'm thankful that my headaches haven't cause my head to explode and make a big mess... yet...

And my vibrator. I'm thankful for that, too. ;)

Verman
05-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by moocow
And my vibrator. I'm thankful for that, too. ;)

Bwahahahah....That was funny for some odd reason...

Being happy and thankful today are we? Well Im thankfull thats its 11celsius(40-45 farheinhiet maybe?) outside....so warm, its T-shirt weather YAY!

Also the fact thats theres no snow! And that its warm outside, oh wait I said that already :D

There is nothing better then being able to slide down all four windows in your car and zoom around blasting out music...

Yesterday I was listening to Frank Sinatra's Fly me to the moon song like any self respecting person would be on a nice sunny day...and then some girls pulled up in thier stupid explorer and started making fun of me and my roommate, well they were laughing at us anyways....Quite fun! So we just flexed and drove away hahaha vanity(sp?)!

I need to take another english course.

Starkist
05-01-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by theplustwo
(yes I like musicals, although I know they 'arent cool')

Who says they aren't cool? I love musicals. Fiddler on the Roof, Singin' in the Rain, Sound of Music, I even go as far as to consider such movies as Star Wars and Lord of the Rings as musicals, considering their soundtracks.

Daarkseid
05-01-2003, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I'll agree so far as that there are things in life that do make me forget my awful lot in life for extended hours at a time.

Usually they involve procuring ultimately useless material possessions, as Belderan said.

And it is sunny outside and probably warm. We're at the absolute height of Spring's beauty and pleasantness. It feels good.

fatcatfan
05-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Ooh... you were gone so you missed my "Legend of Zelda: The Musical" thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68263)... but I have to agree they are very cool. On a trip to New York I got to see Matthew Broderick (a.k.a. Ferris Bueller) in "How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying". It was great. I've also been to see Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Cinderella, and Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Sometime in high school I saw La Boheme. They are very enjoyable, and make great dates (at least if you're married).

But back on topic, I have to agree, any day above ground is a good day. Too bad for all those folks living in caves or underground bunkers.

carrot red
05-02-2003, 03:51 AM
It took me some time to understand that happiness did not mean jumping of joy all day long and walking on a cloud. When I got that right at last, I found numerous little things that made me happy, So if this is the day to stop and reflect on that: I'm happy with what I have and thankful for a lot of little things that mean a lot to me...