PDA

View Full Version : ZC achievement awards

Cronic
04-29-2003, 11:24 PM
What we need are awards that actually mean something, and that's why I'll be conducting the "ZC achievement awards" basically it will work just as others have only it will consist things that you can feel good about putting in your sig ;)

Basically I'd like to (with suggestions) come up with 10-15 categories of whatever you can come up with...

The obvious of course are best quest maker, best tile maker, and so on, but there's more to ZC than that and I'd like you all to keep that in mind. There's things like "best suggestions" Most helpfull ZQuester... all sorts of things. And it doesn't stop with indivisual members... for expample the best quest maker may not have been the one who made the best overall quest and the same works with times.

So that beig said let's get those nominations rolling in. I won't be using my own, but you are more than welcome to suggest anything I've already mentioned.

If the idea flops then oh well I thought it deserved a try.

DeathLink
04-29-2003, 11:44 PM
===AWARDS===
best custom enemy design
Most original custom enemy design
best puzzle design
best over all quest
best overworld design
best level design
best cave design
Most original story
Most original music
Most original enemy tiles
Most original player tiles
Most original NPC tiles
Most original overworld tiles
Most original level tiles
Most original cave tiles
Most original weapon tiles
Most original item tiles
Most original over all tileset

===NOMINATIONS===
best tilest - C for the quest he is currently working on (cant remember name right now)
best quest - C for DOY

is that how you want it DC?

Cronic
04-29-2003, 11:49 PM
More or less yeah :)

The way I'd like to do it is set the cats, and from there open up a new thread for nominations, and then another for voting... I'd also like to incorporate ZCN, and PZC somehow in the voting process :shrug:

StarFox
04-30-2003, 02:40 AM
You know, this is a good idea. It's exactly what the ZC community needs. It's something to bring us together to celebrate the great things we've been able to accomplish.

As for PZC and ZCN involvement, I'd like to see that. This is something in which the whole community can come and participate instead of just one of the major boards. It would unify us as a single community devoted to the past marvels of ZC as well as its evolution into the future. I'll see what I can do to get PureZC involved by talking with the rest of the staff, but you have my support. ;)

Nominations... hmmm... well, I'll sleep on it. I don't want to take all the obvious ones. =)

Cronic
04-30-2003, 02:42 AM
Well here I can follow votes via polls, and I guess since I own ZCN, and am registered at PZC I can take votes (from those who do not vote here) via PM :shrug:

idontknow
04-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Here's some ideas for awards:
I. Armageddongames Forums Awards
1. Most Helpful (Zquest only)
2. Most Helpful (ZeldaClassic Quests only)
3. Greatest Suggestions
4. MVQ (Most Valuable Quester)
5. Most Creative (for things like puzzles, custom bosses, etc.
6. Best Signature
7. Frequent Visitor
II. Zquesting
1. Greatest Overall Quest
2. Best Storyline
3. Quest with Greatest Graphics
4. Best Music
5. Most Helpful Demo/Example 'Quest'
III. Other
1. Coolest Graphics Pack
2. Most Authentic Tileset
3. Greatest SFX/Music

Basically, I think that only one person can win each award and each winner can win up to one thing; no person may win more than one award. Also, each person who wins an award will get a certain sprite or logo or whatever you wanna call it beneath his avatar. There will be 3 different ones, one for each main category (Armageddongames Forum, Zquesting, and other) and depending on whatever category the award the winners get falls in, then they get one of three different symbols in their avatar.

MottZilla
04-30-2003, 04:48 PM
The greatest sound effects and music is a poor category since most people only download midis or mods which were sequenced by others who get no credit whatsoever and the category would more or less be who stole the best music.

NerdWarrior
04-30-2003, 05:05 PM
I got a good one:
Traffic Light Award (Most projects started and stopped)
I nominate myself for this one. XD

plith
04-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Nominate yourself, fine, but if you'd like to chat sometime, I'm sure I could prove you wrong. ;)

And IDK, some of your "awards" are the sort of thing that go on in General Discussion. I think DC meant them solely to pertain to ZC and ZQuest.

Cronic
04-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Indeed I did Plith... Also I could contend in the arena of unfinished projects :p

Trunks
05-01-2003, 12:52 AM
i could contend in unfinished project i think i have like 10 of them that i will never get done with i might start a new one when the final relase of version 2.0 is out not the beta.