PDA

View Full Version : New Quest: The Seal of Shame

Dart Zaidyer
04-29-2003, 04:53 PM
Hello folks.

The Legend of Zelda: The Seal of Shame is a quest I'd like to create which showcases all the tired and overused quest ideas and gameplay points of ZC, and roll them all into one convenient sanity-shattering package of parody. And I'll need your feedback in order to make it the best at being the worst!

So far I've got the following plans:

-Use the PureV2 graphics set out-of-the-box and unedited. Yes it's wonderful and all, but I think we're all getting sick of seeing no deviation or variety from this set.

-Give out the least useful "weapon" in Link's arsenal and force him to find the sword halfway through level 1, which would be filled with Zelda 1's strongest enemies (that aren't Wizzrobes; not enough quest makers have been that cruel yet.)

-Write the entire plot in the readme that comes with the quest, starring Link, Zelda, and Ganon, who is revived for the fifty-seventh and a half time to steal the Triforce of Power that he technically already has in his posession according to true Zelda canon. Whatever it details, it should be as hammy as it is trite.

-Do nothing that hasn't been done in every other quest on the planet as far as dungeon design. In fact, latch onto trends and overplay them.

-Include at least one scene with a landmark made in the worst possible palette for its' tiles. Make it the "monument to blind tile decorators".

Any suggestions or elaborations?

Dr. Mutagen
04-29-2003, 08:25 PM
It was a funny idea up until the part about the pallettes. That part offended me a bit. But I still think it would be a funny quest.

idontknow
04-29-2003, 08:48 PM
honestly...i think its kinda stupid...why bother wasting your time making the 'best of the worst' so to speak? i mean, if your going to make a 'remake' of the first quest, it should be really good rather than something really bad....

Kry
04-29-2003, 10:30 PM
idk doesnt get it. *coughcoughmoroncough* (Kidding)
I think its a good idea an I can't wait to play it!!!

ShadowTiger
04-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Well, if you can draw your own graphics (within the tileset, I mean.) it may add something to the quest. :shrug: Certainly couldn't hurt.

Perhaps you can try to do some special effects, like have a beam of light shining on a sword, then when you get it, it turns off. Heck, it's possible.

Sephiroth
04-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Well, if you can draw your own graphics (within the tileset, I mean.) it may add something to the quest. :shrug: Certainly couldn't hurt.

Perhaps you can try to do some special effects, like have a beam of light shining on a sword, then when you get it, it turns off. Heck, it's possible.

If you use insta warps and different room that look like the same thing.. :laughing:

Dart Zaidyer
04-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Update: Level 1 (Conveniently Located Yet Stupidly Difficult) is almost done. This level is meant to teach you how NOT to start the quest off with a brutal assault of enemies and expect people to find the sword in the middle of all this.

One thing I've elected not to do with this quest is deliberately make it look like crap. I just don't have it in me. Besides, this is a spoof of ZC clichés, not ZC quests-that-totally-suck.

plith
04-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Good. Do and be done, people will still like it if it looks good.