PDA

View Full Version : A new forum? Maybe???

Maverik X
04-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Ok, tell me if I'm an idiot or something, or if this idea has already been thought of, but why is there not a forum for people in school doing long term projects and are looking for help and/or opinions? Is it stupid of me to ask?

Breaker
04-28-2003, 09:17 PM
Can't see it getting much attention. You could always use GD to ask for any assistance, or even the hosted forum (soon to be official forum) Think Tank.

AlexMax
I'll be nice and tell you that people will think that its a pretty retarded idea, ,since most people tend to want to get away from school when they come here.

However, if you post questions here, no one will complain, and you will probably get help too. (I remember someone posted a Calculus problem and someone helped him figure it out)

Shadowblazer
Why isn't there one? Probably because there's not that much of a demand for it. Most of the forums here center around gaming or, at the very least, entertainment. I'm sure there are plenty of message boards out there that are much more suited for "useful" discussion ;)

Starkist
04-28-2003, 09:36 PM
There seem to be quite a few intelligent people here, so if you post your question here or in Think Tank you should get an answer.

Beldaran
04-28-2003, 11:56 PM
I recommend General Discussion. Think Tank got so stupid that I actually collapsed the category of "Hosted Forums".:shrug:

Drunken Tiger
04-29-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Breaker
Can't see it getting much attention. You could always use GD to ask for any assistance, or even the hosted forum (soon to be official forum) Think Tank.

I dont know Beldaran, rumour has it that it might be official soon... :P

But yeah, i normally tend to ask for help on IM more than this board, or any other board for that fact... But then again, when i did, it always went to TT....

Tudorcat
04-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Maverik X
Ok, tell me if I'm an idiot or something, or if this idea has already been thought of, but why is there not a forum for people in school doing long term projects and are looking for help and/or opinions? Is it stupid of me to ask?

I like the idea but I am quite sure that it still would be hard to find the right person to ask for help I mean we all take diferent courses/programs and even in different countries. Asking for opinions is easier and if you want one I know for sure that almost all the active members here will not be afraid to give you theirs.

:kitty:

Ich
04-29-2003, 10:05 AM
I think GD is well suited for this; it has the highest number of people who frequent it and that allows for a number of expedient responses, and people to check against. It also seems to have a very mixed group of people, of whom at least one of could help you in your area. Someone can ask me about Mathematics up to Algebra 3 and German if a translation is needed. GD proves to be an ideal spot.

AlmostAngel
04-29-2003, 12:04 PM
I've always loved those kinda things....riddles, and theories, and discussion etc... :D but I also love bein a fiery debater... ;)

GD is a great forum - its the people comin up with the great posts.

carrot red
04-29-2003, 02:10 PM
I could help in English and in French translation.
I'm more for a Gloat Zone forum or something funny.

Draconis
04-30-2003, 01:16 PM
Hey, Maverik X, maybe instead of it being a homework forum, it could be a PROJECT forum that would contain critiques of other people's projects.