PDA

View Full Version : Finishing the writing contest

stormwatcheagle
04-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Now, I have only recieved the score from 2 judges so far. This is very disappointing. I was trying to hold off doing the final tally untill I get more in, but if I wait too long, i'm afraid it will ahve no meaning. So, I ask you all, should I just use the two scorings I have, or wait a little longer?

Master Ghaleon
04-29-2003, 09:16 PM
I say wait longer so you know the true scores from the judges and not by just 2 of them.

DarkDragon
04-30-2003, 08:47 PM
2 scores are hardly a conclusive representative sample. Why not harass the remaining judges? I don't see anything wrong with waiting a bit longer.

plith
04-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Or just drop the whole thing altogether, as not too many people seem all that terribly interested. It's what I did, and I turned out perfectly normALbLoOdMURdErdEatHSpLatteRHorRorBrEAkER.

Kirby of Doom
04-30-2003, 11:33 PM
I think that's probably all we're going to get unfortunately. Wait maybe another day if you want but don't wait too long.

Ultra22Lemming
05-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Man, at first everyone was enthusiastic about this, but then only 1/4 of the judges even sent in their scores! I say pitty on all you other judges!

plith
05-02-2003, 06:00 PM
I say it's a pity that one of the judges who submitted scores can't spell pity. :eyebrow:

zfreak2004
05-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by plith
I say it's a pity that one of the judges who submitted scores can't spell pity. :eyebrow:

There's a difference between knowing something and practicing it plith... For example... being from Missouri, I know "ain't" ain't a word... but I still use it in everyday speech... Knowing something doesn't guarantee that you won't do it or make a mistake *GHASP* But then again, being the extremely intelligent and evolved being that plith is, I'm sure he's rose above such things...

plith
05-03-2003, 08:39 AM
Tsk. People these days are just so quick defend each other. I'm merely pointing out that one of the "judges" is a little twelve year old kid who should probably develop his spelling before he can think to critique others'. And "ain't" is just a terrible word to use. Stop right now. Just like "irregardless" or "Bill Clinton".

Kirby of Doom
05-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Plith, the judge's job is to decide on the best story for it's content, not spelling. Spelling and grammer make up only a minor part of the score.