PDA

View Full Version : One year ago yesterday (4/25/02)

DemoQuestFan
04-26-2003, 09:45 PM
The world of Hip Hop lost a great person in one Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez. Most people still remember it like it was yesterday, a girl who didnt put her seatbelt on, and a disasterous fatal car wreck. The surviving members of TLC will put on one last concert on June 1 in New York, which Im sure will be headlined by a tribute to their deceased friend and fellow group member. Some of us will never forget this angel and what she and her friends did for the world and for pop culture. RIP Lisa Lopez

slothman
04-27-2003, 12:52 AM
Is she the one who burned her ex-boyfriend's house or is that a different member of TLC? If she isn't than it is sad.

mikeron
04-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by slothman
Is she the one who burned her ex-boyfriend's house or is that a different member of TLC? If she isn't than it is sad. lmfao.

My response was "I didn't give a shit when TuPac or Biggie died, I care less about this girl." I heard she was the most talented member, but I don't think she matters... :shrug:

:evil:

Daarkseid
04-27-2003, 01:26 AM
If I may be frank, I don't think posting a heartfelt rememberance for the dead on the Net is a good idea. Reason being, the Internet(as everyone knows all too well) removes all social barriers that normally weed out potential assholes in society, and to make things worse, the Internet can often lead to a contest as to who can be the biggest asshole, and having something held so sacred in society as honoring the dead is just asking for people to bring out the worst in themselves.

Take me for example, when George Harrison died, I replied to a topic on his death, announcing how glad I was that he had died.

DemoQuestFan
04-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by slothman
Is she the one who burned her ex-boyfriend's house or is that a different member of TLC? If she isn't than it is sad.

No. The one that burned down her ex-boyfriends house was T-Boz. I heard about that on a "Behind The Music" biography that VH-1 did on TLC back in 1999

Fiyerstorm
04-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Lies.

Left Eye was the one who did it. She was burning some keepsake's of thiers in his bathtub and the fire got out of control.

T-Boz's was more known cause she has sicke cell anemia. Chile was best know for when she was reunited with he father on Sally.

/me seen the TLC Behind the Music many times.

But her contribution to TLC and the whole music business was a great lost. She discovered this group, Blaque and put them on the map.

moocow
04-27-2003, 02:31 PM
I *love* TLC. I listened to their "CrazySexyCool" album all the time when I was younger. Still did until my sister stole the CD from me. That little bitch -_-

Beldaran
04-27-2003, 02:34 PM
I'm not a fan of hip hop at all, but I think it's sad when people die, so my condolences are extended.