PDA

View Full Version : Making VCDs...

Fiyerstorm
04-26-2003, 04:10 PM
How would one go around making VCDs?

I have 100 blank CDs and some music video's I'd like to watch on my DVD player. I tried a long time ago but the DVD player wouldn't read it and it accpets VCDs...anyone know what I can do? :confuse2:

MrCow
04-26-2003, 04:15 PM
if it will work at all you need nero burning rom.

Matteo
04-26-2003, 04:32 PM
Try to find another encoder though.. because Nero encodes really slowly (avi to mpg) if you need to encode.

Fiyerstorm
04-26-2003, 04:42 PM
It's already an mpeg.

I'm getting Nero right now, let's see if this works.

Kirby of Doom
04-26-2003, 08:10 PM
I've been wondering about this VCD thing.
If I want to make a VCD where I take video files that I have on my computer and put them on CD so I can watch on my DVD player, what software do I need to download (and where do I get it)?

gdorf
04-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Kirby of Doom:

if it will work at all you need nero burning rom.

Is it a fairly standard feature for Dvd players to be able to play vcd's? Will Ps2's play vcds?

Fiyerstorm
04-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Nero's awesome. I made the VCD...

But I then found out my DVD doesn't play VCDs..so RAAR.

But thanks anyway, though.

Check your DVD manual to see if it does, gdorf. I'm not sure about the PS2 though.

Breaker
04-26-2003, 08:39 PM
www.vcdhelp.com

Gah, reading some of your bullshit comments on why you're not able to make VCDs brings tears to my eyes. ;|

Playstation 2 will not a play a VCD or SVCD unless it has a modchip. Some DVD players, (a lot actually) will not support VCD or SVCD either.

Also remember that only MPEG can be burned to VCD and you'll have to convert the file you want to put ON a VCD or SVCD to the respected MPEG4 codec.

MottZilla
04-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Well Breaker pretty much said everything you needed to know and linked the best site on the subject. :O

PS2 is a shitty DVD player, that's why it doesn't support VCDs.

Anyway, just a few tips I thought I'd mention, vcdhelp.com has great compatability list for many DVD player related things.

I bought my DVD player after looking at their lists and finding what was available here.

So really, if you want to know if you can play VCDs (or SVCDs or X(S)VCDs just look up your DVD player and model on VCDHelp.

If you seriously want to put something like a movie on a VCD or SVCD, remember that you need to make the movie an mpeg 1 (or 2 if Super Video CD) file, which has the correct resolution (352x240 if I recall for NTSC).

Don't be an idiot, and burn some DivX avi file on a CD and pop it in your DVD player then go whining about how it doesn't work!