PDA

View Full Version : Welly, welly, welly... Look who's taking another swing to the Third Dimension...

Dracula
04-26-2003, 01:50 PM
http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/9957.jpg

Well, this answers a lot of questions for what will happen to the Next-Gen Castlevania game... What system will it be on, 2D or 3D, where on the timeline does it take place... Well... The rumors tried to answer these, but have proven wrong... This Castlevania will be in full 3D, on PS2, and it apparently takes place BEFORE Castlevania Legends... 11th century from what we know...

Now, I know what sme of you people may be thinking... "3D Castlevania? Konami's smoking that shit again..." Well, to lighten things up, Igarashi (known as IGA, the genius behind Symphony of the Night) who holds the record for hating Castlevania 64 the mst, is at it again... This time, the unlinear world of Castlevania will enter the third dimension...

Now, if you can imagine... Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but in a full 3D world, this is what should be expected (can you say "over-sized-zelda64-dungeon-set-in-Romania")... This title is set to be out this coming Fall, but if we go through that bullshit like we did with Harmony of Disonance, I'll be mega-pissed...

http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/9956.jpg

DarkPanther
04-26-2003, 02:31 PM
hrmm....

Looks interesting. It'll be cool to see how the mechanics pan out.

Even if it's like a Devil May Cry meets Soul Reaver in 11th Century... should be cool as anything. I'd like to see it's graphics (surrounding architecture) be as lush as Soul Reaver's though. Castlevania, if any game, deserves such severe attention to that.

Dracula
04-26-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by DarkPanther
Castlevania, if any game, deserves such severe attention to that.

True that... Lately, Castlevania got the attention for God of 2D Games, in gameplay, graphics, sound quality, everything... Not many gamers wanted to give Castlevania any more chances in 3D, considering it's had two strikes, and both were practically the same game with different characters...

Instead of giving up 3D and Cinematic gameplay (like people thought IGA was doing), he's giving gamers what gamers want... He's a kind of game developer that is open-minded to what his fans want to play, which is why he made Castlevania Chronicles, Harmony of Dissonance, and Aria of Sorrow... Many of his fans told him to do the X68000 Castlevania game for PSX, and he did... Many fans told him to do a SOTN clone for GBA (with better light than COTM) and he did... Many fans told him to set a Castlevania game in the future, and he did... Now, he's made his decision on a message from 1999, to make a 3D Castlevania game that does the series justice... And that's just what he's doing... That's why I consider him the best game developer...

Daarkseid
04-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Dracula

Instead of giving up 3D and Cinematic gameplay (like people thought IGA was doing), he's giving gamers what gamers want... He's a kind of game developer that is open-minded to what his fans want to play, ... And that's just what he's doing... That's why I consider him the best game developer...

Yeah, now if only Konami would let him rerelease Dracula X. He'd be god if he managed to get that game released in the US(even more so if for the PSX).

Dracula
04-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Yeah, now if only Konami would let him rerelease Dracula X. He'd be god if he managed to get that game released in the US(even more so if for the PSX).

Exactly. Igarashi wants to carry on his "Chronicles" idea (Dracula X for PSX, Haunted Castle on Konami Arcade Collection for GBA, and possibly Vampire Killer for GBA)... Igarashi is doing what he can, Konami needs to do their part... :shrug:

MottZilla
04-27-2003, 03:42 PM
What does it matter if it's released in USA or not? I'm sure those of us who really want the game would import it reguardless.

I know I would. I just want to see the PSX port! :O

And this new one, ugh, it's on PS2. -_-