PDA

View Full Version : Wind Waker help

Yoshiman
04-26-2003, 01:37 AM
I can't get to the Triforce Chart on the Ghost Ship. Gamefaqs says to go to an island called Rock Needle (Something like that). Help? I can't find Rock Needle. And I don't understand the F1 things.

TheGeepster
04-26-2003, 08:58 AM
The WW map is a 7x7 grid, and the standard of using a letter for the row, and a numeral for the column has been adopted.

That said, to get the map that allows you access to the Ghost Ship, check the diamond-shaped island 1 north, 1 west of Outset Island. You'll need the hookshot to get on the island, and then you'll have to navigate a short warp-pot maze to get to the chest with the map.

Now the Needle Rock Isle is just to the north of Diamond Steppe Isle I just described, and the island itself doesn't hold a triforce map, but if you roam the nearby seas, you'll find 3 warships. The one with the triforce map on it should be obvious (being gold and all). Another of the warships drops an orange (100) rupee when destroyed. You do have to dredge the sea where the warship went down to get the item.

Cloral
04-26-2003, 01:30 PM
The location of the ghost ship depends on the phase of the moon. You may have noticed that some of the fish have mentioned this to you, however the chart you get on Diamond Steppe Island shows you exactly where to find it. And PS - you can't even see the ghost ship until you have the chart.
Oddly enough, the ghost ship happened to be right outside when I got the chart. I guess I was just lucky. :shrug:

Ian
04-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
The location of the ghost ship depends on the phase of the moon. You may have noticed that some of the fish have mentioned this to you, however the chart you get on Diamond Steppe Island shows you exactly where to find it. And PS - you can't even see the ghost ship until you have the chart.
Oddly enough, the ghost ship happened to be right outside when I got the chart. I guess I was just lucky. :shrug:

Actauly I came across it on Cressent Moon isle (or something like that) and I didn't get the Ghost Ship map until later that week. I guess it was just luck

NerdWarrior
04-26-2003, 06:10 PM
I think Cloral meant that you can't board it...

Cloral
04-26-2003, 11:54 PM
Actually, I really don't know. That piece of information came from a FAQ, not from experience. So maybe the FAQ is wrong. :shrug:

Samson007
04-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Yes, you cant enter the ship until you get the ghost ship chart from diamond steppe island, I always wait for the ship in the lower right hand corner of the map, it shows up when the moon faces down.

TheGeepster
04-29-2003, 03:14 AM
Did you manage to find the map and the ghost ship, Yoshiman?