bigjoe
04-25-2003, 07:27 PM
I think that anyone who is a beta tester should have something like

http://gtamods.theplustwo.com/bt.gif

Somewhere in their profile

Thoughts?

Cronic
04-25-2003, 07:50 PM
I really have no idea... I've been lobying for such a thing for who knows how long, and last I was told something was in the works, but that was a long long time ago. With any luck SB will set aside some time from his busy schedule and impliment something.

I mean christ... The AGN convention goers get tents, and you guys do this year round :shrug:

Shadowblazer
04-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
I really have no idea... I've been lobying for such a thing for who knows how long, and last I was told something was in the works, but that was a long long time ago. With any luck SB will set aside some time from his busy schedule and impliment something.

I mean christ... The AGN convention goers get tents, and you guys do this year round :shrug: I honestly hope the "busy schedule" comment was sincere. If not, perhaps you'd like for me to provide you with a detailed log of the absurd amount of time I spend maintaining the boards.

Thanks for reminding me about this though. Despite your declaration of "lobying" for such a thing, I don't recall you ever bringing it up, past my mentioning that I planned to add it and you telling me it was a great idea.

BTW, the reason the tents appeared so quickly (aside from the fact that I wasn't doing as much coding at the time so I didn't have a chance to forget about it) is because it's simply a text string stored in each user's profile that holds the HTML code for that image tag, which I never bothered to make an interface for, so the only way to give somebody an image in that area is to manually edit the user's profile in the database and add the image tag. But the point is, it was a very quick addition, requiring only that a new field be added to the user table and a variable added to the postbit template.

The tester icons, on the other hand, will require a little bit more coding. Nothing extraordinary, but enough that it's not a simple 5 minute addition like the tents were. However, since I happen to agree that testers deserve recognition for their work, which was the very reason that I had planned to add the icon in the first place, I'll make sure that I add this tonight.

Anyway, my apologies for not getting around to this sooner, as well as for making such a hostile post in this forum. I guess it just perturbs me to be called lazy when it comes to a message board that I've already poured so much of my time into.

Shadowblazer
04-26-2003, 09:13 AM
The hack is mostly done. Just a few little cleanup things I need to take care of, which will be done at a later hour because I'm all coded out for tonight.

I've actually added two ZC-Related recognition images so far. ZC Beta Tester and ZC Developer. I'm not particularly fond of either one though, so if anybody wants to try their hand at making something better, be my guest. Just keep it to 32x32. BTW, since the Tent image is from LttP, and I'm planning on using the campfire from LttP for this year's convention icon, maybe the others should also be from there, so they look like they "go" together.

:shrug:

I'm not much of an expert when it comes to aesthetics though, so I'll see what (if anything) you folks can cook up.

Oh and Alpha, if you're reading this, feel free to create a better image for your 3rd Quest Contest Winner icon as well. I'd PM you but I'm tired and not in the mood to put forth any more effort than I have to, and I figure you'll read this sooner or later...

Cronic
04-26-2003, 12:54 PM
Nice job on the icons, and you should add one to yourself as well when you get around to it.

As for the tent icons I only brought this up because these icons have been in the works for what... 2 years now?

SB for the love of god you need to realize youre the only admin I see doing anything but starting shit around here, and go fucking read to much into someone elses words ... I'm done. If you look for a reason to feel insulted you will find one. Quit blaming me for you looking too hard.

One suggestion is to decrease the size to around what BJ originally posted. The larger image shows too many flaws.

AlphaDawg
04-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Shadowblazer
Oh and Alpha, if you're reading this, feel free to create a better image for your 3rd Quest Contest Winner icon as well. I'd PM you but I'm tired and not in the mood to put forth any more effort than I have to, and I figure you'll read this sooner or later... Hey, cool, I wasn't expecting that. It looks fine to me, no complaints here. Thanks.