PDA

View Full Version : i know how to grab tiles, but....

Knil
04-24-2003, 10:25 AM
for me to be able to convert them to gif or jpeg, i would need a paint program, which got wiped out the last time i opptomized my PC. Does anyone know where i could download microsoft paint, and if so how large a program is it? :poke:

Ielen
04-24-2003, 10:37 AM
Try reinstalling Paint from your Add/Remove program in your control panel. From the Add/Remove program properties, go to Windows Setup, click on the Accessories program. Then your system will reinstall the program for you.

Alternatively, you could try get a copy of Paint Shop Pro which is one of the best graphics program but it's shareware.

Knil
04-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Where can i get the paint shop pro? i already trided reinstalling using that method, but micr. paint got wiped off completely. :banghead:

Ielen
04-25-2003, 02:22 PM
You can find it at their web site :

http://www.jasc.com/

Verbatim
04-25-2003, 02:40 PM
To install MS Paint...go to the control panel, open the Add/Remove Programs dialog, then click on the "Windows Setup" tab, select "Accessories", click the "Details..." button, check the box next to Paint, and hit OK.

If you're using a desktop, chances are you'll need to find your Windows CD and pop it in at that point, if you're using a laptop (and perhaps some desktops, dunno) there's already a full copy of your Windows CD on your hard-drive, so you never have to hunt for it.

Knil
04-25-2003, 04:23 PM
I already did that, verbatim. the add remove thing didnt work, but ill try browsing the CD. thanks guys (and gals, as the case may be)

Zeldageek
05-04-2003, 09:24 AM
If you want to get Paint Shop Pro, get Javascript for Dummies!

Knil
05-05-2003, 04:26 PM
i feel like an idiot now. all i had to do was go into i think quest, graphics, tiles, and tell it to grab. now i just need to figure out how to get the pallete to work right for it.

that and i did a hack and pack to get paint back on my pc. thanx fer all the help everyone!!!:hug: