PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Presidential Candidates

TheGeepster
04-24-2003, 04:13 AM
Soon the election season will begin anew, and I was curious who the forerunners for the Democrat party might be. There's a lot of contenders out there for the nomination right now, and so I am asking now two questions:

1) Who is most likely to be the main presidential contender amongst the Democrats?
2) Whom would you like to see run against Bush and why?

The fields are ripe unto harvest...

Starkist
04-25-2003, 01:12 AM
I ususally vote Republican, but out of the Dems Lieberman seemed the best... until on Meet the Press a few weeks ago he did a flip-flop on the Michigan University racial preferences issue. :shrug: I don't think any of them can beat Bush anyway.

Daarkseid
04-25-2003, 01:19 AM
I would agree that Lieberman is the best candidate of the democratic bunch, however I seriously doubt the Democrats have a chance of winning unless the economy tanks so badly that it becomes just like '92 again. Even then, I doubt any of the democratic contenders would be capable of turning the bad economy to their favor just like Clinton did.

Mercy
04-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
1) Who is most likely to be the main presidential contender amongst the Democrats?
Unnamed Democrat

Originally posted by TheGeepster
2) Whom would you like to see run against Bush and why?

Unnamed Democrat because it would be a guaranteed defeat for Bush.

Unfortunately I have yet to see a Democratic candidate that does not have at least one major pet issue that I am diametrically opposed to. Even more unfortunate, I have not heard yet of any potential Independants or others intending to run that are even worth considering. If Dubya turns out to be the lesser evil in two years, I may put some serious consideration into taking over Cuba.

m.