PDA

View Full Version : just a simply survey

idontknow
04-23-2003, 07:39 PM
1. how many of you use the newest weapon flags, such as hammer, magic, reflected magic, din's fire, reflected fireball, sword, & sword beam? if you do what, kind of combos do you use with them?/how do you use them?
2. How can you specifically use the reflected magic flag creatively in a good, unique, fitting way?
3. How many of you use the magic sponge, mirrors, & prism combos in your quest & what are some good ways to use them? what kinds of puzzles could you make with them?
4. What combo in your quests do you typically use least and why?

slothman
04-23-2003, 10:22 PM
I don't use the new ones not only because I am not (arn't?) making a quest right now but because they are not in an non-beta release.

DarkFlameWolf
04-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Well, there is a nice way you can use them to reflect magic back at a mirror robe that is impossible to beat without the use of a magic shield. That's when those types of mirrors can backfire on the mirror robe and create for a interesting puzzle on how to get the mirror robe to fire at just the right mirror.

Questwizard88
04-24-2003, 07:15 PM
i use magic prisms and sponges to make forcefields. Mmmmmm... deadly forcefields... it's real simple. fill thwe room with magic prisms where you want the forcefield to refrect,l then put a cracktorok somewhere hiddend on the screen, such as under a large rock, so you can't kill it or know how the force field got there. place the enemy/enemies with the enemy flags. as long as they are parallel to a magic prism, when they shoot, you're asking for it.

NerdWarrior
04-26-2003, 08:41 AM
Hehe. Have you played New All Stars? I put the coolest combination of prisms there. All you had to do was fire a wand at it, and wait. With a mirror shield it was more insane. Just stand in front of one of them, and watch the evil-too-much-beams go off.

Knil
04-29-2003, 04:51 PM
i was tinking the same as questwizard, but what i was trying to do is make it to where you have so many tribbles in the room that the only way to rid them all is the m. prisms and mirrors. that and i was trying for a tri switch needed to open a door like in one of the oracle of ... games with the super slingshot, but, so far no luck on the tri switch.

hmm...my initiatism was shorter than my newcomerism, as now, before i realized, i am an apprentice!!!