PDA

View Full Version : earthbound!

firebug
04-23-2003, 07:27 PM
i've been looking for the original earthbound game and i'm lost! i can't find it! does anyone know the actual name of the game? i looked for earthbound 0, and mother 1, but i can't find it :( not looking for links to the ROM, just the actual cart name. thanks :D

Mak-X
04-23-2003, 07:28 PM
Mother or Earthbound Zero maybe?

Kirby of Doom
04-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Well, without giving any links or saying where to search for it, all I can say is that Earthbound should be good enough to find it and it's an SNES game.

Edit: I think it's SNES anyway.

Kirbypuff
04-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Earthbound was also called mother 2 in japan. The original earthbound was only released in Japan and was called mother 1.

Aliem
04-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Earthbound 0 and Mother one are the same thing, and only 1 cart was ever translated here in the good ol USA. But dont worry, you can either get the ROM or wait till it's released on GBA. If your looking for the SNES Earthbound, Mother 2, try e-bay. I did, and I got an almost perfect copy for 15 bucks. Unfortunatelly, I lost it...

Daarkseid
04-23-2003, 09:17 PM
The original Mother 1 was going to be called Earthbound in the US, but the release got put on hold(indefinitely) because sales of Dragon Warrior in the US were poor.

Its title was going to be just Earthbound, and if you download the unhacked version of the english rom dump, its title just says Earthbound(as opposed to later hacked versions that include the word Zero).

As I understand it though, there were more than just one prototype cart for the English version of Mother, however, only one managed to get put up for auction.

Maverick_Zero
04-24-2003, 02:51 PM
Starmen.net might be able to help. I think they have some cart information.

firebug
04-25-2003, 02:38 PM
thanks for the info guys! i found a NES ROM of earthbound zero, and have been playing it for a couple of hours! :thumbsup:

Aliem
04-25-2003, 08:08 PM
It truly is one of the best damn games ever, despite what some people say.