PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the tonberry tiles?

Knil
04-23-2003, 10:27 AM
I went to the tileshop (it rules!!) and downloaded a Tileset that had the king tonberry from Final Fantasy fame. is it just decoration as is or what?

idontknow
04-23-2003, 11:24 AM
i'm not quite sure..i've noticed them myself. Perhaps they are just for decoration; maybe you can even use them, along with some creativity, to make a custom boss. Imagine if their were such a boss in zquest! This would be really cool. Perhaps its actually a giant wizzrobe enemy who shoots a different kind of magic which instantly kills link, such as the tonberry enemy. :)

plith
04-23-2003, 01:02 PM
That would be my Descendant tileset, I presume. I still haven't come up with a use for them in the quest itself, but since TSA (old member, left a while ago) asked me a long time back to make a version of Tonberry that fit into the Descendant palette, I made it and left it with the tiles on the offchance that I found something to do with it later on.

Knil
04-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Ohh....Could you animate it to where it moves like in FFVII? maybe i could use it as a gatekeeper for a side entrence to a castle

plith
04-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Moving to ZC Development Exchange, as this thread is getting to requests now.

I could possibly animate it somewhat, but I'm not so inclined. The most I'd wind up doing is make the head bob up and down and the lantern flicker. Might want to ask someone else to do animation.

Knil
04-23-2003, 05:14 PM
That sounds good, thats kind of what i was talking about

C-Dawg
04-23-2003, 06:24 PM
You know, it would be simplier for you all to just use the Tonberry tiles I made awhile ago. They were only one frame in size, and there were enough to totally replace Link.

Sadly, they were never used in a quest for that purpose.

-C

Knil
04-24-2003, 10:13 AM
where would those tiles be, and are they .bmp? if they are, i cant use 'em

C-Dawg
04-24-2003, 01:40 PM
They're in my briefcase...

What the hell is wrong with bmps?!

-C

Questwizard88
04-24-2003, 04:15 PM
there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, unless they are not 256 colors or less.

Knil
05-02-2003, 04:57 PM
currently i have no understanding on how to convert them to anything, and i have no drawing prog. on me PC, and i am open to any help.(rebooting the win CD didnt work, along with add remove progs)