PDA

View Full Version : Can't get on internet for a while

stormwatcheagle
04-23-2003, 09:38 AM
(at school)

Ok, I have acess to the internet, but not the world wide web. I can download off kazza nd instant message, but no web pages. I called my ISP and they say there's something wrong with my winsacks(sp?) files. I gonna have to figure out what's wrong. If you guys have any idea what's wrong, e-mail me or post it here.

goKi
04-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Well for a start, they are talking about Winsock (not Winsack). You were a bit brief as to your problem, and you are best to have your ISP help you out, because just saying there is a problem with winsock could mean several things.

Kirby of Doom
04-23-2003, 01:44 PM
1) Are you using AOL? If so, it might be something with that. I was having that problem before.
2) Are you using cable? I have a problem where after a while the internet stops working, although it might not be the samething because everything stops working, not just WWW.

stormwatcheagle
04-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by goKi
Well for a start, they are talking about Winsock (not Winsack). You were a bit brief as to your problem, and you are best to have your ISP help you out, because just saying there is a problem with winsock could mean several things.

My ISp sucks. I'm using a comcast cable modem at home. I have acess to the net, but I can't get to things using URL i.e. www.yahoo.com. If i ping yahoo.com, i don't get a response, but if i use the IP address, it works. I cau use Kazza to download files and I can instant message, but that's about it. My ISP told me they couldn't help and to talk to Compaq.

inori
04-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Sounds like your DNS server isn't set up correctly...

stormwatcheagle
04-23-2003, 04:15 PM
It's ok, it fixed itself...

I don't understand what happeded, i reset, and it works fine now. I tried resetting yesterday, and it didnt work.