PDA

View Full Version : Two more GCN exclusives for Soul Caliber two?

Cronic
04-22-2003, 04:13 PM
According to "Cube" magazine (I believe) They plan on adding two more bonus characters to the GCN version of SC 2... These characters are of course GCN's Ganondorf, and Wind Waker Link :shrug:

Npw as cool as this sounds I'm quick NOT to believe it... What do you guys think?

Consider also Nintendo's relationship with Namco :shrug:

Warlock
04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
I find that doubtful. Ganondorf may have fit well (well he would have), but WW Link does not belong in Soul Caliber. That alone leads me to believe this is fake. Plus, why the hell should they update it? I mean, they just piss off the Japanese and it will already sell well with Link in it. Just doesn't seem logical.

ShyGuy0824
04-22-2003, 06:13 PM
What' is "Cube" magazine? And I find it incredibly doubtful as well that a WW link would be included. Ganondorf would have been a nice addition, but I think Namco was planning on the more balanced renditions of the game, and probably wouldn't be giving as much support for the Cube as it has without the Link character making it a good buy for GCN owners...

Mak-X
04-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Soul Calibur II is already out in Japan, so they'd have to do extra work for a U.S. release, and TWW Link would definitely not fit in Soul Calibur. Is this in a rumor section of Cube magazine, or April issue?

Ian
04-22-2003, 08:07 PM
But why would they have 2 Links in it? That would be just stupid (unless they got rid of one for the other)

Maverick_Zero
04-22-2003, 10:09 PM
The Cel-Shaded graphics wouldn't fit in with the realistic graphics of Soul Calibur.

Jawa Podracer
04-23-2003, 10:22 AM
Ganondorf would be cool, but TWW Link wouldn't fit in. I bet it's a rumor, though. I'm not planning on buying it, but if they do add Ganondorf and Adult Link, I probably am.

obi
04-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Hmm, my cousin has the mag, and I swear, I read in the latest(may) issue that they were kidding about it after they recieved many reader letters about it.

Ian
04-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Jawa Podracer
Ganondorf would be cool, but TWW Link wouldn't fit in. I bet it's a rumor, though. I'm not planning on buying it, but if they do add Ganondorf and Adult Link, I probably am.

Adult Link is already added in, DC was talking about them adding TWW Link also.

MottZilla
04-25-2003, 12:09 AM
It's just bullshit rumor talk. :O I'd import SC2 if I could play imports on my GC.

Edit: Hmm... I have the money I think... and SC2 won't be out here till after the summer... I'm seriously contemplating importing it. It's be a hell of a birthday present. :O I love SC.

Brasel
04-26-2003, 05:58 AM
I just going to wait patiently for my English version of SC2. I mean, Soul Calibur is one of my most favoritest games ever, (I get gushy over it) but I need to be able to read whats going on.

MottZilla
04-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Uh.... well, it should feature english subs. Not sure. Either way, reading in Soul Calibur has always been minimal.

Brasel
04-27-2003, 10:57 PM
Well yeah, but....whatever, I'll come out and say it. I don't want to spend the extra cash.

dEaD_mAn_WaLkIn
04-28-2003, 02:52 AM
i never really liked soul caliber, until i played SC 1 on dreamcast, it was really good. now i'm thinkin about gettin SC2 on GCN, but i had no idea they were puttin link in the Gcn vesion, thats pretty sweet :thumbsup:

MottZilla
04-28-2003, 03:03 AM
Soul Calibur on Dreamcast was awesome. The game had alot of great things to unlock, top notch graphics (superior to the arcade board). So ofcourse, SC2 should be something of the same flavor.

ka7an4
05-01-2003, 04:10 PM
I would much rather have the Japanese version of SCII with english subtitles. Things made there sound much more fluid when there actually spoken in the language they were meant to be spoken
in. Take for example the horrible voice overs we have in our anime.

Jawa Podracer
05-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Ian: I know, I guress it was a typo. Still, SSBM-model Ganondorf would be cool. Meh. I might get it, but I already have two fighting games.And, I have a wishlist of obver 10 games, none of which are Soul Calibur 2.