PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance is a BEAUTIFUL thing!!!!!

Ganonator
04-22-2003, 02:59 PM
I figured I'd let you know how my new college search is going.

It's brighter than you all imagined. I was accepted to DigiPen in Redmond, WA today!! wahoo!!

*Ganonator grabs liquor
Drink are on me tonight!!!!

Beldaran
04-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Dude, way to go! Maybe we could hang out or something. I live really close to Redmond, about an hour away.:)

Thunderbird
04-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Uh oh, now yer really close to me as well :p.

j/k about the uh oh part ;).

*posted from the University of Washington (in Seattle) for those that care ;)

Ich
04-22-2003, 04:18 PM
I heard that the 7-11 near DigiPen is the highest grossing 7-11 in the Pacific Northwest. I wonder why... :rolleyes:

carrot red
04-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Never expected anything less. Good for you.:)
Officially turns down the liquor offer
What are you serving?

Menokh
04-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Congrats.
Perhaps you'll pay a few visits to that 7-11.

Daarkseid
04-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
Congrats.
Perhaps you'll pay a few visits to that 7-11.

I know I would. I'm attracted to convenient stores like a fly is to a bug zapper.

If there were a college I'd want to apply for more than anything, it would be DigiPen. What exactly are the admissions standards for that place?

ShyGuy0824
04-22-2003, 09:30 PM
fairly high for colleges, from what I've heard. Basically, almost all of the graduates get jobs in the video game industry immediately after school ends, and have an average salary of 90000 dollars or so. The school is supposedly very tough, very geeky, and very efficient.

Mercy
04-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
I was accepted to DigiPen in Redmond, WA today!! wahoo!!

*Mercy drools
Congratulations! I am soooo envious...DigiPen was way out of my price range.

m.

moocow
04-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Congrats, Ganon. :) I go to a Community/Technical College. A lot of times, I'm not even considered a college student because of that. You're only a college student if you go to a University or an equally expensive college.

I know people, who aren't even planning on expanding their education, that make fun of me for attending a Community College.

I plan on visiting them all at their hamburger-flipping jobs when I make a lot of money, doing what I like to do, and rubbing it in their faces :)

theplustwo
04-22-2003, 11:46 PM
make sure and post what games you've made :P

Ganonator
04-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
If there were a college I'd want to apply for more than anything, it would be DigiPen. What exactly are the admissions standards for that place? Good question.. I'm pretty sure its all about high grades and test scores in Calculus and Physics. My english blows donkey nuts, so that was a stretch..

also, since I have been to a prestigious college for a year already (Concordia College, Moorhead) they might have thought it was hard to get into this place, which it wasn't at all, but it all came together in the end.

and theplustwo - i'll make sure AGN is the first to know about new developments!

Foxy
04-23-2003, 02:22 PM
Sweet!!! I hope you have lots of fun and learn lots of new things! :D

(Hey, I have to add the "learn" part...otherwise I wouldn't be AGN's foxy mommy. ;))

AlmostAngel
04-23-2003, 02:58 PM
Wow, excellent Ganonator!!!! *wildapplause* :D

/me tosses confetti into the air for Ganonator

College is a grand thing. My semester starts in fall. U of F all the way. :D