PDA

View Full Version : Bomb and Super Bomb Combo problem

bahamut_85
04-22-2003, 01:18 AM
In my quest I am encountering some kind of bug, when I set a super bomb off in one screen it triggers all of its flags and combos, but on an adjacent screen, a regular bomb flag was triggered. I dont know why this is happening and its quite annoying, i dont have any special things set (as far as I know) and Im using the 162 beta. Please help, thanks.

I switched over to 192 beta 182 and I noticed that the same thing happened again, but this time, it was when I exited (or entered) an entrance/exit warp on a different screen.

TheGeepster
04-23-2003, 03:31 AM
So the super bomb in one room is setting off a bomb flag in another? Weird.

Just a note: Setting off one secret flag sets off all secret flags currently on screen.

bahamut_85
04-23-2003, 04:14 AM
Yeah, but for some reason(s), this one combo is being set off for strange reasons. Its just a normal bomb flag over a regular tile. AND its being set off by something on other screens.

Verbatim
04-23-2003, 01:01 PM
I know at one point there was a problem with editing one screen in Zquest causing changes in the screen next to it (you would sometimes find odd garbage in screens you hadn't even edited, it's been fixed now though)...makes me wonder if ZC might have some similar bugs regaurding secrets.

Perhaps that could be the cause of the apparently screen-specific bugs? Some people have been encountering lockblock doors opening when they shouldn't, and other similar problems, but just copying the screen and moving it fixed them. You might try that as a work-around.

[rent-a-mod] Since this sounds like a bug...shouldn't it be moved to the bug forum? [/rent-a-mod]

bahamut_85
04-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I remeber those bugs, they were very annoying, but i havent seen them in a long time... and then this... hmm, well I guess this is a bug, i was hoping i did something wrong, and someone could tell me. Thanks anyways, ill fiddle around with the problem in Z-quest and see exactly what the problem is...