PDA

View Full Version : From the revisiting classic games department

bigjoe
04-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Anyone who hasnt , do yourself a favor and get Final Fantasy Origins for the Playstation. (and if you dont have a Playstation get one damnit)

Its a beautiful remake of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy2J

Ive only sat through the intro of "Final Fantasy" and already its touched my heart.

Forgive me for being breif , I must get back to playing this...

theplustwo
04-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Now I kinda wish I had one of those PSone things. Got no zennies, though. I'll just hafta wait until they're released on GBA (and keep my fingers crossed :P )

Ganonator
04-22-2003, 12:05 PM
let me just say that the 'easy' mode is way too easy. It spoiles the feeling of the game that it used to be. The Memo save was possibly the best idea ever created.

Even though I beat this remake of FF1, i'll play it over and over because it is so amazing. A great piece of work.

bigjoe
04-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Lol theres a little joke in the Elf village when you look at a grave. It says "May Link rest in peace" :laughing:

Daarkseid
04-22-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by BigJoe
Lol theres a little pun in the Elf village when you look at a grave. It says "May Link rest in peace" :laughing:

Not exactly a pun, but it is clearly a joke placed in the game. It appears in the original Japanese version(which was released in 1987, a year after Zelda's release). The American version had a more contemporary version of the joke, replacing the reference to Link with Erdrick, the Legendary hero from Dragon Warrior(which was released a year prior to the American version of Final Fantasy).

For future reference, Big Joe, a pun is a joke that derives its humor from words that sound alike. An example would be the pun joke from Dragon Warrior IV when the town priest says to characters being loaded up in a litter(a wheel less carriage that is carried by people) "Do not litter(as in to carelessly throw garbage about) in the litter."

from bigjoe
There is a thread entitled "From the revisiting classic games department" can you move it to GGD? I meant to post it there

Done.

theplustwo
04-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Ah, puns, as in

Persone One: "I heard you went to Yale."

Persone Two: "I yust got out last week."

*rimshot*

Kirbypuff
04-23-2003, 11:14 AM
I don't have a PS1. I saw one on sale at a store for fifteen dollars, but I didn't have any money because I was just checking if something was in the store. The next day, I went in the store, and they were gone.

Daarkseid
04-23-2003, 09:52 PM
I just got it today. I saw the little options they have for making it easier. Turned them all off of course. Not even going to mess with the easy option either, except for unlocking certain modes.

BTW, has anybody gotten to play FF2 yet?