PDA

View Full Version : Batesville, IN

slothman
04-20-2003, 03:32 AM
Just wondering but what timezone is Batesville, IN in? Does it get the standard CST of Indiana or the "new and improved" EDT of it's easterly neighbor? Actually in any case I know it's the same "time" which is weird.

P.S. I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to remove the "new thread" button or replace it to "no new posts" if you can't start a new thread. As only admins/etc. can post in the convention forum it looked like I could post this there but then a new screen came up saying I sucked. :D

cyberkitten
04-20-2003, 12:19 PM
erm...batesville's a little fucked up. they stay on eastern standard time rather than switching to eastern daylight time when the rest of us do, so they're an hour behind us. but it's only a little localized area that does it...there's eastern daylight time on either side of them. most everything out there runs on "slow time" (don't ask..it's just what we've always called it) and they make sure to remind everybody when posting events and schedules that somethings either on "ohio time" or "slow time".
/me shrugs

and yes, shadowblazer's change to the default "why can't i post" message is kinda amusing :D

Shadowblazer
04-22-2003, 05:52 AM
Hmm, no "New Thread" button if you can't actually start a thread in a particular forum. I like that idea.

Of course, it might keep a lot of people from considering the possibility that they simply suck. Decisions, decisions...

inori
04-22-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Shadowblazer
Hmm, no "New Thread" button if you can't actually start a thread in a particular forum. I like that idea.

Of course, it might keep a lot of people from considering the possibility that they simply suck. Decisions, decisions...

You could just put a message on the front page reminding people that they, indeed, might just suck.

slothman
04-23-2003, 12:05 AM
How about replacing the button itself with one saying "you suck" and then not do anything. I no the buttons can be removed completely as the archive forums do that.

Mercy
04-23-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by slothman
How about replacing the button itself with one saying "you suck" and then not do anything.

I kind of like this idea. :D

m.