PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale

King
04-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Anyone ever see this movie? It's quite disturbing, but it's pretty good nonetheless. It's about a bunch of students who end up on this remote island, and the only way they can leave it is if they kill off the others. The last one standing is the winner.

The movie is quite violent (very violent, actually). There's more to the movie than violence, though it's disturbing to see 15-year old students killing each other (Lord of the Flies has nothing on this movie).

I advise anyone to watch Battle Royale, if they can stomach violent films.

MANDRAG GANON
04-19-2003, 08:02 PM
*points to avatar* I joined for fun ;)

Tudorcat
04-19-2003, 08:14 PM
We acctually rented that one last night. It that was VERY VERY VERY bizarre but as you said King it was still quite entertaining.

MANDRAG GANON
04-19-2003, 08:15 PM
The best part was the ending....LOL best ending ever "i wont be coming home...mmm cookie..ugh" lol :lol:

King
04-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by MANDRAG GANON
The best part was the ending....LOL best ending ever "i wont be coming home...mmm cookie..ugh" lol :lol:

Hahah...I was like "WTF??" when I saw Kitano get up after being shot so many times. He was talking on the phone like nothing happened. :laughing:

Tudorcat
04-19-2003, 08:50 PM
I like the part where the teacher gave the girl the umbrealla and said something like dont catch a cold now...
that was hilarious
:lol:

Ich
04-19-2003, 09:13 PM
I read a review for it. I want to see it, but I have a feeling that it's not going to come to the US soon.

Tudorcat
04-19-2003, 09:21 PM
I bet that it wont take that long ,usually we in Europe are the last ones in line for films games and things and its been at the video store now for a few weeks.