PDA

View Full Version : A couple stupid questions

lord_jamitossi
04-19-2003, 12:33 PM
I've got a couple questions about the z-quest editor (v1.92b182) that I really badly need answered:

Is there any way to have readable signs? I have a sign picture but no way to read it. :confuse2:

Is there any way to prevent enemies from dropping bombs as spoils? I'm trying to make the player have to get a membership (letter) to the bomb shop (potion shop) in order to get bombs but on the way to the town with the bomb shop there's moblins who always drop bombs! ARRRGGG!!!!!!!

If you know any of these answers can you help me out? please?

DeathLink
04-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by lord_jamitossi
Is there any way to prevent enemies from dropping bombs as spoils? I'm trying to make the player have to get a membership (letter) to the bomb shop (potion shop) in order to get bombs but on the way to the town with the bomb shop there's moblins who always drop bombs! ARRRGGG!!!!!!!

no not that i know of, enemys drop what they drop

Originally posted by lord_jamitossi
Is there any way to have readable signs? I have a sign picture but no way to read it. :confuse2:

yes there is, it uses pits and tile warps, what you do is put your sign, then when they walk next to it they step on a pit combo and warps them to the screen that they read it, and when they press down (or wadevr) they step on another pit that warps them back. the nice thing about pits it that u dont have to use that little blue square to tell were they start

idontknow
04-19-2003, 07:13 PM
for the bomb idea..i have a similar thing...you cannot prevent enemies from dropping particular items but you can however make it, using the initial data menu, so that Link carries a maximum of 0 bombs, thus requiring him to find a bomb upgrade before being able to pick up bombs...enemies will still drop bombs & Link will still seem to pick the bombs up, but no bombs will be added to the bomb counter until you pay for at least one bomb upgrade

lord_jamitossi
04-20-2003, 08:09 AM
thanks that helps!

funnyman
04-20-2003, 04:43 PM
i have a little problem, if i put a bomb into a chest it's with _itembomb and than nothing happens there is nothing coming out of the chest or i use _bombweapon1 and than the bomb explodes a few seconds after i open the chest. so what do i have to use to just take the bomb for own usage

funnyman
04-20-2003, 04:45 PM
plz help me cause i need it bad

idontknow
04-20-2003, 04:51 PM
1. don't double post (posting 2x in a row); click the 'edit' button beneath your post instead to edit the first post & then add what you forgot to put in
2. your problem is a bit vague but seems like you are having trouble putting items in treasure chests; to do so correctly, do the following:
--a. make the closed treasure chest a slash combo & put it on the screen
--b. put flag #10, armos->item, on the chest
--c. set the room type to special item
--d. set the special item to be bombs (or whatver should be in the treasure chest
--e. set the undercombo for the screen to be the opened treasure chest combo

funnyman
04-21-2003, 03:40 AM
lol sorry

idontknow
04-21-2003, 08:54 AM
funnyman, are you sure you are talking about zelda classic? zc requires no scripting at all! i think you are posting in the wrong forum..my suggestion was for zelda classic, which is what i had at first mistaken you for talking about

Teilyr
04-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Yes.. You probably want the Open Zelda forums..

http://armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=18