PDA

View Full Version : Which would you like most for a new beta?

idontknow
04-18-2003, 09:09 PM
Which of the following would you like most for a new beta?
-Bug Fixes
-New Items
-New Combos
-New Enemies
-New Room Types
-Implement the 'Unimplemented'
-New Flags

Menokh
04-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Bug fixes, plain and simple.

Beta 182 has plenty of features, and from the sounds of it the final will have EVEN more. I think bug fixes are more important at the moment than new features, simply because there are so many features in the present public beta that were not in 1.90, I feel it is time to stop adding features to this version. There is always the next version for more features.

idontknow
04-19-2003, 08:42 AM
I myself think that we should have newer enemies because with all the new items, especially the powerful ones (master sword, gold ring, etc.), the enemies get really easy & redundant after acquiring certain items. I think that we should have enemies that can only be hurt by specific items, such as maybe a hardshell turtle that only takes damage from the hammer. Or a deku-baba that can only be burned to death via the candle or wand fire. Or a new type of patra that, when its children momentarily freeze, Link has a chance to attack but it only takes damage from the hookshot. Or maybe an amorpha type enemy who's cell you must pull out first using the HS and then must be slashed with the sword. My point being, its too redundant and easy to be able to kill almost every enemy with the sword--about the only enemies that can't right now are the dodongos, digdogger, wizzrobe-mirror, & ghoma

Blonde799
04-19-2003, 08:50 AM
And there you go.;)

The only limits to difficulty are what the quest maker puts in themselves. Just because we have god like items, doesn't mean we have to have tons of god like enemies too.:rolleyes:

I'd like to see incomplete features completed. There's a lot of gaps in the current version. Just to have the current features complete is enough for a new version IMHO.

Too bad a CYOS contest won't be held.:p

Petoe
04-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Bug fixes are all I need :) Enough said.

Dr. Mutagen
04-19-2003, 02:34 PM
All of these would be nice, but if I were to pick favorites, I'd go with bug fixes because they make the ZC program much more stable.

Blankboard
04-19-2003, 08:24 PM
well..... would you take "all of the above & then some" as an answer?....

DarkWarrior
04-20-2003, 02:15 AM
Bug fixes is what I want.

MottZilla
04-20-2003, 04:11 AM
Full motion video! haha. No, bug fixes. :O

ShadowTiger
04-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Meh. It's all good. I think new combos would be an excellent addition, then again, they wouldn't work well if there were bugs in it. :shrug:

laughing1989
04-20-2003, 06:16 PM
I chose Implement the Unimplemented, but bug fixes are also on my mind. Well, I suppose bug fixes are more important, at least right now. Can't wait! :)

System Error
04-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Bug Fixes, no contest...

Sephiroth
04-23-2003, 10:42 PM
I chose Implement the Unimplented because I would like to use Farore's Wind & Nayru's Love in My Quest.

bahamut_85
04-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Bug fixes Definatly, Its annoying as (explitive) when you run into a bug and you have to change what you where going to do or find a way to work around it.

Verbatim
04-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Hmm...interesting...we've seen polls on what of various different features we would most like added before, but this is the first time there's been one with bug-fixes included...that's what I want to see most, too.

It's what DN's been working on most, too, so we're getting what we want.

I suppose #2 for me would be implementing or removing the unimplemented, because I'd like to see the final release not have unimplemented features visible in Zquest, like 1.90 did (hookshot-bridge, for example...and "hookshot only" was the same as "ladder only").

Noli
04-24-2003, 05:50 PM
Bug fixes, no questions asked.

Knil
04-28-2003, 05:00 PM
implement the unimplemented. maybe even a choice to make sub quests with differnt chars without totaly differnt quests. nuff sed

redmage777
05-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Bug Fixes, and Implementing the Unimplemented. As far as I'm conserned any thing that appears as an option and dosen't work is a bug. Anything else from above is also welcome.